• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ekornes stressless chairs

sambella

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to recover their Stressless chair? Any suggestions on finding a slipcover for it?

Riley Dee

Reaction score
Thats a tough one.

I work for a design and furniture firm that sales Stressless chairs. I have never seen a readymade slip cover for Ekornes Stressless chairs.

A possible solution would be to check with the original dealer that sold you the chair. Provided the style of chair you own is still in production, they may be willing to place a part order with Ekornes for replacement leather. If you are able to order replacement leather it will most likely be expensive and will need to be ordered from Norway, expect a 12-16 week order time.

Otherwise, if you want just a standard slipcover shaped to fit an Ekornes Stressless chair I would suggest either a local furniture upholsterer or even an automotive upholsterer.

Sonney

Reaction score
Caution, do not trust Ekornes.
We bought a few years ago, for an amount greater than 10,000 $ chairs Stressless. We bought quality leather upper. Two years after buying, the leather was peeling. We reported the problem to Ekornes. This house has promised to change the leather, but was unable to find the same color, so it does nothing since 3 years now. Be careful, Ekornes is expensive, but not serious.

jibe

Reaction score
Hello,

I`m also having a question about the ekornes chairs and more specific regarding the leather.
facepalm.gif

I actualy felt in love with one of their chairs (Stressless Reno) now my question is "what kind of leather to chose?"
Ekornes is providing these in following ranges.
(From expensive to more expensive)
- Batick
- Classic
- Paloma
- Royalin

I already went to a store and checked the quality myself and I noticed that the classic leather is thicker than the Paloma, but in the classic range there is less choice of color.
ffffuuuu.gif

Should I go for the thickest leather or just take the leather which I find the most attractive?

So I`m hoping some pro`s could give me some advise regarding this
worship.gif

Thx!

png1953

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a stressless recliner and I got the spirit and I got the polma, Yes it is thinner but its the nices of the leathers.

user22

Reaction score
We agree- BEWARE. Chairs we purchased looked great at first, then the leather on the seat and back rests split. We e-mailed manufacturer - no response. We tried to arrange for new leather for us to fit - no response.

We now have two expensive chairs that we are unable use.

beacroutcal

Reaction score
We reported the problem to Ekornes. This house has promised to change the leather, but was unable to find the same color, so it does nothing since 3 years now. Be careful, Ekornes is expensive, but not serious.
ca

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads