1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ekornes stressless chairs

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sambella, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sambella

sambella New Member

Has anyone tried to recover their Stressless chair? Any suggestions on finding a slipcover for it?

2. Riley Dee

Riley Dee Senior member

Thats a tough one.

I work for a design and furniture firm that sales Stressless chairs. I have never seen a readymade slip cover for Ekornes Stressless chairs.

A possible solution would be to check with the original dealer that sold you the chair. Provided the style of chair you own is still in production, they may be willing to place a part order with Ekornes for replacement leather. If you are able to order replacement leather it will most likely be expensive and will need to be ordered from Norway, expect a 12-16 week order time.

Otherwise, if you want just a standard slipcover shaped to fit an Ekornes Stressless chair I would suggest either a local furniture upholsterer or even an automotive upholsterer.

3. Sonney

Sonney New Member

Caution, do not trust Ekornes.
    We bought a few years ago, for an amount greater than 10,000 $ chairs Stressless. We bought quality leather upper. Two years after buying, the leather was peeling. We reported the problem to Ekornes. This house has promised to change the leather, but was unable to find the same color, so it does nothing since 3 years now. Be careful, Ekornes is expensive, but not serious.

4. jibe

jibe New Member

Hello,

I`m also having a question about the ekornes chairs and more specific regarding the leather.[​IMG]
    I actualy felt in love with one of their chairs (Stressless Reno) now my question is "what kind of leather to chose?"
    Ekornes is providing these in following ranges.
    (From expensive to more expensive)
    - Batick
    - Classic
    - Paloma
    - Royalin

I already went to a store and checked the quality myself and I noticed that the classic leather is thicker than the Paloma, but in the classic range there is less choice of color.[​IMG]
    Should I go for the thickest leather or just take the leather which I find the most attractive?

So I`m hoping some pro`s could give me some advise regarding this [​IMG]
    Thx!

5. png1953

png1953 New Member

Hello,

I just bought a stressless recliner and I got the spirit and I got the polma, Yes it is thinner but its the nices of the leathers.

6. user22

user22 New Member

We agree- BEWARE. Chairs we purchased looked great at first, then the leather on the seat and back rests split. We e-mailed manufacturer - no response. We tried to arrange for new leather for us to fit - no response.

We now have two expensive chairs that we are unable use.

7. beacroutcal

beacroutcal New Member

We reported the problem to Ekornes. This house has promised to change the leather, but was unable to find the same color, so it does nothing since 3 years now. Be careful, Ekornes is expensive, but not serious.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014