• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are very long. If by some chance they appear to be short, wear gloves.

edit: Just checked the measurements I sent someone interested in buying my coat.

52R
shoulder to shoulder is 21.5"
sleeve is 26.5"
BOC length is 45"

lefty

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The sleeves themselves were fairly TTS for me but the shoulders are quite far extended. Even on @elfton you can see them drop slightly. Maybe that’s why Antonio calls them long.

Ding ding ding. This is an oversized silhouette with deliberately extended shoulders, no matter if you size down or not.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want to know how long the sleeves are, get measurements from the center back, not from the sleevehead

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. That Aliano looks amazing. Just bought the gray in 48. @NickPollica how is the fit compared to the Carlo? Yours was a 50 IIRC.
Edit: I know that the Carlo is oversized, which I like. What is the silhouette/fit of the Aliano in comparison?

Last edited:

elfton

Reaction score
If you really want to know how long the sleeves are, get measurements from the center back, not from the sleevehead

Ah, my bad.

I’m happy with the sleeve length on my 48 since the coat most likely is worn with a sweater underneath filling the tiny gap between coat and glove.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also got this, so I’ll be ready for summer:
3FD20545-61A8-4E4F-96AD-F6F427F6F405.png

slimster

Reaction score
I got the blue textured one earlier this week. I liked the fabric. Was slightly oversized which I didn’t really mind but looked better on @elfton so I let him have it. On me it looked best unbuttoned with a polo shirt under, he could wear it either way.

Should fit you well if you’re a 48-50.

Nice there are some channels for us who were late to the Eidos party.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. That Aliano looks amazing. Just bought the gray in 48. @NickPollica how is the fit compared to the Carlo? Yours was a 50 IIRC.
Edit: I know that the Carlo is oversized, which I like. What is the silhouette/fit of the Aliano in comparison?

The Aliano is slimmer than the Carlo - I believe its on the slimmer side of TTS through the body if I remember correctly.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gimme a shout if it doesn't work for you. Didn't even see a gray one.

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I thought I should specify that my thoughts on the Carlo's lapels and collar are a little colored by some images where the lapels look a little less extended, like this:

I love the damned thing and I can't believe I got a final chance to get one, but my expectations were different. I'm also still kicking myself for never getting the Ulster model, which also had smaller lapels.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also got this, so I’ll be ready for summer:
View attachment 935199

I have that shirt and it is fantastic. Such a great fabric and cool design.

I may be weird, but I dig those lapels.

Put me in the "weird" club as well as I dig the lapels as well. I had the Mr. Porter Carlo coat in my possession for a short time but returned it ultimately as I needed a size down and no one here took me up on my offering it up to the board for a crazy $400 before returning. Now look at you all trying to hunt it down :cool2:

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
I have that shirt and it is fantastic. Such a great fabric and cool design.

Put me in the "weird" club as well as I dig the lapels as well. I had the Mr. Porter Carlo coat in my possession for a short time but returned it ultimately as I needed a size down and no one here took me up on my offering it up to the board for a crazy $400 before returning. Now look at you all trying to hunt it down :cool2:

I bought the Carlo from Barney's warehouse earlier this year in my normal size and love it. It feels slouchy in the best way possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics