• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I got a Carlo in 36 (I’m ~37) and the fit is actually quite striking when cinched, but the lapels are just a bit too dramatic. It does look good with the collar up; is that how it’s meant to be worn at all times?

And @Malmborg I hope you are feeling better and this all works out for you. Your store’s selection is fantastic and when you were able to get things to me you were very helpful. I noticed that the ragosta that I ordered and eventually cancelled is in stock again - if I order it again could I expect it to ship this time?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got a Carlo in 36 (I’m ~37) and the fit is actually quite striking when cinched, but the lapels are just a bit too dramatic. It does look good with the collar up; is that how it’s meant to be worn at all times?

If I could find a way to make putting your collar down on outerwear technically impossible, I would. The only exception to this is SB overcoats with wider lapels, and even that often looks better up than down IMO.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
I’d have to see which fabric it is as I never made it in black but Isaia cut a ton of that model for the most recent sample sale.

Just curious - was Isaia always the maker of the overcoats for Eidos over the last 4 years ( I mean the Casentino from 3 seasons back, more recent Carlo and Aliano and Camel/Navy Palermo) ?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious - was Isaia always the maker of the overcoats for Eidos over the last 4 years ( I mean the Casentino from 3 seasons back, more recent Carlo and Aliano and Camel/Navy Palermo) ?

Nope. The were initially made at Michelangelo, then Sannino then back to Michelangelo.

@NickPollica: can the sleeves on the Aliano and the Carlo be extended or is that not possible?

Nope as they both have applied cuffs.

Siepi

Reaction score
You're the first person that has ever asked to extend the sleeves in those models - they are long.

I would need the same - if the measurements on eBay are to be believed, the sleeves are 25.6" and 26" from the shoulder for the Aliano and Carlo in a 52, respectively. Those don't seem all that long to me, particularly for outerwear. Faulty measuring, perhaps?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 934431

I see the point about the buttons but I don’t think anyone other than menswear enthusiasts / obsessives will notice. I plan on keeping mine as a db at least for the time being.

Edit: the more I try this on the more I really love it.
Beautiful coat. The fit looks absolutely perfect. I would not touch the buttons. The lapels are the best part.

elfton

Reaction score
Size down is the general (Mr. Porter, other comments I’ve seen previously and my own) advice for the Carlo, it’s very very broad in the shoulders. I wouldn’t get it if you’re shorter than about 185cm either - to me that style didn’t work when it was so far below the knees but looks great on my tall friend @elfton where it just cover the knees.

I understand the intent is that it should look oversized but in that case raglan sleeves would probably have been preferable. It made me feel too self-conscious wearing it.

I'm normally size 50, but got the fit I wanted when going down a size (bought it from @slimster, see quoted post above). Since I'm pretty tall (194 cm), it's perfect that the coat is long, ends just beneath the knee. I'm used to coats looking a bit short on me, which obviously is not preferable. The Carlo however, is perfect.

As for the lapels, I don't think they're too dramatic like some say. Actually, they are not only good looking but also warm and nice to have during this super cold period going on in Europe.

Attaching a photo from when my friend, the aspiring photographer, shot the coat a month ago. Sorry for the rough edit, don't have the original photo.

IMG_3622 (kopia).jpg

Spideysense

Reaction score
I would need the same - if the measurements on eBay are to be believed, the sleeves are 25.6" and 26" from the shoulder for the Aliano and Carlo in a 52, respectively. Those don't seem all that long to me, particularly for outerwear. Faulty measuring, perhaps?

Ditto, I would need at least an additional inch and half, if those measurements are correct.

Maybe @elfton can help out by measuring the sleeves on his Carlo?

slimster

Reaction score
The sleeves themselves were fairly TTS for me but the shoulders are quite far extended. Even on @elfton you can see them drop slightly. Maybe that’s why Antonio calls them long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics