• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

TheForeigner

Reaction score
Just got this in the mail. Thanks Marcus!

What do you think would go best with the colour of the jacket? I’m thinking navy, but would like to hear your ideas — don’t have much experience with this particular colour.

View attachment 906858
DC6ACED5-8A9F-43A3-B683-BD2ED4704902.jpeg

Last edited:

everyday

Reaction score
Re: the Righe - I’m close to 6’4” and I have the medium. You thought think of that style less a sweater and more of a pullover bomber style.

The american polos are rigorously preshrunk so you can wash on hot and put them in the dryer on high and they won’t shrink at all. That’s the power of a supplier that knows how to make properly washed product.

Finally, with the collar, you just have to “set” it. I posted a video on how to do this a while back. You do that and it won’t fall flat.

Not sure about what Shays you are talking about but I believe they run TTS.

My experience has also been that washing and drying hot does nothing to the fit of the garment.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: the Righe - I’m close to 6’4” and I have the medium. You thought think of that style less a sweater and more of a pullover bomber style.

The american polos are rigorously preshrunk so you can wash on hot and put them in the dryer on high and they won’t shrink at all. That’s the power of a supplier that knows how to make properly washed product.

Finally, with the collar, you just have to “set” it. I posted a video on how to do this a while back. You do that and it won’t fall flat.

Not sure about what Shays you are talking about but I believe they run TTS.

would love to see this video if you/someone else has a chance to dig it up

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check: anyone looking for the NMWA version of the single breasted donegal overcoat in 38/48? It's not getting enough use in our long, arctic winters.

Donegal overcoat close.jpg
Donegal overcoat full.jpg

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@heldentenor I saw that on your IG feed and that's too bad; it looks great on you! I own the same jacket, and agree that it's not suitable for this artic winter but I try to wear it as much as I can - works great for casual outfits too (sweater, jeans)

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

YseanY

Reaction score
As a tall someone who never wears untucked shirts, I really appreciate the length ;).
I actually found the collar roll not as stable as SS17's model, if we're nitpicking, though. But maybe it's the fabric?

I don't have a SS17 version as I found the body too short but I did notice my indigo to be better or more substantial than my brown. Both rolls well under a jacket with little effort unlike the old Italian version but without a jacket, my indigo still stands well while the brown does not.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this in the mail. Thanks Marcus!

What do you think would go best with the colour of the jacket? I’m thinking navy, but would like to hear your ideas — don’t have much experience with this particular colour.

View attachment 906858 View attachment 906859
Nice jacket.

If it were me, I'd wear it with black Big John Kuro2 jeans if going casual. Might not look bad with a pair of darker brown cords or moleskin(dark brown or black) as well...Along with a pair of Viberg or Alden boots.

If dressed up, I'd go with sort of loose fit black chinos. And Alden or Vass boots.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

TheForeigner

Reaction score
Thanks! And do you have any thoughts about sweaters/shirts etc. to be worn under it?

Best

Nice jacket.

If it were me, I'd wear it with black Big John Kuro2 jeans if going casual. Might not look bad with a pair of darker brown cords or moleskin(dark brown or black) as well...Along with a pair of Viberg or Alden boots.

If dressed up, I'd go with sort of loose fit black chinos. And Alden or Vass boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads