• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

YseanY

Reaction score
I asked in the Q&A if it's a suit or jacket only, and someone answered saying it was a full suit; description error, of course. So, I ordered it and it came complete with jacket & trousers.

Get in touch with Saks and hopefully they can figure out where the matching trousers are. Good luck!

Interesting, it seems like it may be hard to deal with Saks on this since the description said it's only the jacket. I'm looking for a light grey suit and I tried to get clarification with customer service before committing since it's final sale; and after "looking into it", they said it's definitely only a jacket.

Spideysense

Reaction score
I have been eyeing Eidos for a while now, but have been unable to try anything, as supply is scarce here on the European side of the pond.

I have contacted marcusmalmborg.com about sizing, but they have not yet written back. This might be a long shot, but could anyone here tell me how much fabric there is—if any—to let out in the sleeves of these jackets:

https://www.marcusmalmborg.com/?product:ss+2017:Eidos+Navy+Wool/Linen+Augusto+Jacket

https://www.marcusmalmborg.com/?product:jackets:Eidos+Blue+Wool/Silk/Linen+Tenero+Jacket

Their sizing chart says the sleeves are 67.4 and 66.2 cm long on a size 52 jacket, respectively. I am just wondering if that is the maximum length or not.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, it seems like it may be hard to deal with Saks on this since the description said it's only the jacket. I'm looking for a light grey suit and I tried to get clarification with customer service before committing since it's final sale; and after "looking into it", they said it's definitely only a jacket.

Yeah, it's probably an uphill battle to work with Saks to sort it out. I guess I consider myself lucky, but hopefully any orders that only the jacket was received they will accept a return due to the listing error/confusion.

OscarO

Reaction score
LPU
IMG_4922.JPG

RawtherSnarky

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time lurker here. This is only tangentially related to Eidos, but I thought I'd throw this question in here anyway. On Monday I bought (what I think is) the navy Palermo coat off the Saks website, the last one in size 54. Crazy price, beautiful coat (especially as styled on Marcus Malmborg).

I received an e-mail from Borderfree that my order was received (I'm in Canada), and a subsequent one at a short interval confirming it ("Your order has been received by Saks.com and is now being processed."). Indeed, when I check the order on the Saks website it says "Processed" (whatever that means). There was also a temporary charge on my card which has since expired and no actual charge exists.

But it hasn't shipped yet, 4 days later, which I find odd. I've never ordered off Saks, but I know their online ordering platform is suspect, so I'm wondering if this delay happens from time to time or there's something weirder going on. I was also getting a bunch of errors trying to order it, until I disabled my ad-blocker and then it seemed to work. Generally when I order stuff online it ships the next day (I even picked the free 3-5 day shipping option).

And well, I guess I'll throw a fit question as well -- 6'1'', ~203-205 lb, athletic build. Usually 52 in most suits (54 in tighter fits like Boglioli), so I thought the Palermo in 54 would work well over a suit. Does the coat tend to run TTS, or tight? If it runs really small and if the Saks order falls through, maybe I'll give the Marcus Malmborg 56 a try (though I've never worn 56 in anything ever). I've seen a lot of discussion about the field jacket, but less about the Palermo in the previous 200 pages :)

I'd appreciate any insight about either Saks or the fit!

(And please forgive the stupid account name -- I made it just to get notifications on threads I was interested in, didn't intend to post with it lol).

OscarO

Reaction score
So you're the one who beat me out for that on eBay...
Been wanting this one for a long time, my highest bid was more than twice what it sold for :D Good luck finding one, it's an great jacket! Fit is awesome as well, I live in Sweden so it's going to be used a lot!

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
Saks is a freaking mess on the ecommerce front. I didn't get my tracking number til after my item arrived via fedex and I emailed them to ask about it.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here. This is only tangentially related to Eidos, but I thought I'd throw this question in here anyway. On Monday I bought (what I think is) the navy Palermo coat off the Saks website, the last one in size 54. Crazy price, beautiful coat (especially as styled on Marcus Malmborg).

I received an e-mail from Borderfree that my order was received (I'm in Canada), and a subsequent one at a short interval confirming it ("Your order has been received by Saks.com and is now being processed."). Indeed, when I check the order on the Saks website it says "Processed" (whatever that means). There was also a temporary charge on my card which has since expired and no actual charge exists.

But it hasn't shipped yet, 4 days later, which I find odd. I've never ordered off Saks, but I know their online ordering platform is suspect, so I'm wondering if this delay happens from time to time or there's something weirder going on. I was also getting a bunch of errors trying to order it, until I disabled my ad-blocker and then it seemed to work. Generally when I order stuff online it ships the next day (I even picked the free 3-5 day shipping option).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, both so good.
I'd proooooobably lean toward the first one, simply because it's a bit more conservative and so it will hold up better under the passage of time.
But the second one is rockin' awesome. I have this thing where sometimes fabrics remind me of drape/upholstery fabric, and that one veers in that direction, but doesn't cross into that territory. I tried it on once and fell in love (not enough to buy it, as I've already got two navy blazers; but who knows, I may buy teddieriley's haha). I'm thinking of an awesome pic of Antonio in it for some interview/magazine feature a couple years back, too, that sold it for me as well.

Ha! If you want it I'll sell it to you for $600 shipped. Brand new and basted. I'll be losing a lot on it, but I'll know it will go to a good home.

mphem

Reaction score
I'm from Canada as well. Ordered from Saks last Friday. Just got the tracking info and charge on my credit card this Wednesday. So they do seem slow to process and ship orders to Canada.

Hi guys,

And well, I guess I'll throw a fit question as well -- 6'1'', ~203-205 lb, athletic build. Usually 52 in most suits (54 in tighter fits like Boglioli), so I thought the Palermo in 54 would work well over a suit. Does the coat tend to run TTS, or tight? If it runs really small and if the Saks order falls through, maybe I'll give the Marcus Malmborg 56 a try (though I've never worn 56 in anything ever). I've seen a lot of discussion about the field jacket, but less about the Palermo in the previous 200 pages :)

I'd appreciate any insight about either Saks or the fit!

(And please forgive the stupid account name -- I made it just to get notifications on threads I was interested in, didn't intend to post with it lol).

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/price-drop-eidos-sport-coat-for-sale-36r-nmwa.2732/

Just grabbed this on B&S, anyone know how does current season NMWA compare to this? I know there has been small tweak here and there, what I found slightly surprising is how extended shoulder is, wondering if it's still the same on current season NMWA cut

the shoulders are narrower now than when that jacket was made.
my nmwa jacket from that season, in size 52, has 19" shoulders. My FW16 jacket is 18.5".

02///M3

Reaction score
Been wanting this one for a long time, my highest bid was more than twice what it sold for :D Good luck finding one, it's an great jacket! Fit is awesome as well, I live in Sweden so it's going to be used a lot!

Good to know! Now I don't feel so bad for not upping my bid a bit. Congrats and wear it in good health.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the shoulders are narrower now than when that jacket was made.
my nmwa jacket from that season, in size 52, has 19" shoulders. My FW16 jacket is 18.5".

Great info, thanks, do you have any Treno? Is the shoulder narrower than NMWA version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads