• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M Parenti

Reaction score
@NickPollica did the flight jacket make it into production? Anyone pick this up?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

when will NMWA start stocking new season's items?

We're still waiting for a good part of the season's collection but we will have our first Eidos drop on Monday

Styleternity

Reaction score
@NickPollica

Antonio, can you drop a little knowledge on the jacket model in this season's Lane Crawford buy?

At the risk of sounding obtuse, it's a 3/2 unstructured and LC picked it up for this season in two colourways. Both of them are heavily textured but in the interest of brevity: (1) light brown; and (2) navy. On a side note, it's shocking that the retailers in North Asia picked up so few of the Eidos trouser/pent pieces. Seems like wasted potential.

People have long complimented the quality of Eidos's knitwear and I have to say - after picking up the white crewneck sweat in knitted cotton - the praise is well deserved. Pre-wash the handle is already beautifully soft and fluffy, and the subtle details like the split hem and slightly overlong sleeve cuffs all complement one another. Brilliant work.

Agree with the OP who said SuSu fabrics are not really comparable with Eidos. IIRC their highest end offering is Drapers.

n2pua

Reaction score
does anyone here have any interest in a burgundy lupo (size large), new without tags ?

haven't taken it out of the drawer since i bought it, tried it on and foolishly cut the tags off.

PM me with a price if you want to take it off my hands.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this include the SS 2017 tailored pre-orders from last summer?
biggrin.gif

Yes, we'll be sending emails to people who pre-ordered (but only for the styles that have already arrived).

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica

Antonio, can you drop a little knowledge on the jacket model in this season's Lane Crawford buy?

At the risk of sounding obtuse, it's a 3/2 unstructured and LC picked it up for this season in two colourways. Both of them are heavily textured but in the interest of brevity: (1) light brown; and (2) navy. On a side note, it's shocking that the retailers in North Asia picked up so few of the Eidos trouser/pent pieces. Seems like wasted potential. 

People have long complimented the quality of Eidos's knitwear and I have to say - after picking up the white crewneck sweat in knitted cotton - the praise is well deserved. Pre-wash the handle is already beautifully soft and fluffy, and the subtle details like the split hem and slightly overlong sleeve cuffs all complement one another. Brilliant work. 

Agree with the OP who said SuSu fabrics are not really comparable with Eidos. IIRC their highest end offering is Drapers. 

Do they look like this one:

If so, ithey're the Augusto. I'm fairly certain they are as that is the model of jacket we sell to our sportswear accounts.

Regarding sport pants, in true Italian fashion, they have yet to deliver. Or do you mean proper trousers? If so, we have a strong trouser business with NMWA and Marcus who both ship internationally. Going forward, you will find that the only places carrying "Napoli" style product like the Ciro, Sal, Lupo polo, etc. will be these two stores as I'm not interested in expanding these products past their existing distribution. I would rather keep them special and sell less than sell more and oversaturate, driving the value down.

Regarding knitwear, thanks. Its great to hear this kind of feedback as its where the majority of my effort and energy goes development-wise.

Finally regarding Suit Supply, you guys know they use 90% of the same Italian mills we use, right? E. Thomas, Vitale Barberis Canonico, Tallia Delfino, Pray, Ormezzano, Loro Piana, Solbiati, Ferla, etc. In my experience I have seen nothing but outstanding piece goods.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, speaking of Eidos knits...Meyvn has a good bunch of new spring stuff up, including my personal favorite silhouette from the season, the Agy Indian pajama pant.

A little background for those of you who don’t know but this season’s collection is the result of a two week inspiration and development trip I took to Rajasthan, India with Glen Allsop and the stoffa team. While we were there, Agyesh was wearing traditional patiala pajama pants basically every day and Glen and I loved how they looked mixed back to more western-styled clothes. Have a look:

After much prodding, Agyesh took us to where he got them and we each bought multiple pairs. Heartbreak set in when we got back to the hotel, ran to our rooms and tried them on, only to realize that the volumonous silhouette worked substantially better for someone a bit more compact (it also helped that Agyesh had hemmed his, thus removing the extreme taper at them bottom opening). Regardless, I loved the relaxed feeling they had and was determined to make them work for the collection. When I got back to Italy, I sat down with our knitwear supplier to reimagine them as lounge pants, cut from the same inside out club loopback fleece we use on our Fiske crewneck. We slimmed the fit through the thigh, relaxed the leg and reduced the pleats from like 15 on each side to 2. The end result is the most comfortable sweats you’ve ever worn in your life.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Love the Agy pants! Will they be available in any other colors or from any other retailers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads