• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most frequently worn Eidos cool weather sport jacket, here with a New York Blues Lupo...
(Pardon the streaky mirror...)
Eidos Green Check Jacket & Navy Lupo_JMM Montana Reserve.jpg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of a time sensitive listing, as I do already have a good offer through eBay and will accept later tonight if no one wants it here. I'm letting go of my quite uncommon linen/cotton Stillwater cardigan. Size is M but fits M/L. I'm an XL, unfortunately, so while it does still fit me, the fit isn't quite as relaxed as would be optimal for a style like this.

Excellent, barely worn condition. If you can match the $250 plus costs, then it's yours.

In Antonio's own words (cited from this thread): "The “Stillwater” shawl cardigan was an amazing style that we offered in both navy and black cotton but I can’t remember if it made the cut as turned out very expensive. Definitely the nicest cardigan ever offered though. There were a ton of very cool sportswear pieces that’s probably would have been picked up if I hadn’t left and if the prices weren’t raised an average of 30%."

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new with tags yellow Eidos Lupo short sleeve polo size L for sale. This is one of the OG, brown tag, made in Italy version, slim fit TTS. Great for the spring and summer. Asking $65 shipped in the U.S. PM if interested.
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4122.JPG
IMG_4123.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG
IMG_4125.JPG

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking here if anyone needs this odd duck of a shirt before I iron it and post it on ebay. The only example of an Eidos "western shirt" I can find online does ... not look like this. Tagged 15 1/2-39.

IMG_7383.jpg
IMG_7384.jpg

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score

eighttrees

Reaction score
Which version of Eidos did you like? The early Antonio era, the more casual pieces that came later, or the stuff that came after Antonio left?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spier &
Now that Eidos is defunct, what brands are people relying on to fill that void?

spier and mackay makes a jacket that looks an awful lot like the Ciro. That’s who I recommended to my brother when he was asking where to get tailoring made that checks that bucket. Drakes should have you covered for things that feel like what we were doing at the beginning of the brand. Salvatore Piccolo also hits on a lot of what we were making all the way through. Doppiaa was also a good call out.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which version of Eidos did you like? The early Antonio era, the more casual pieces that came later, or the stuff that came after Antonio left?
I've been writing about tailored brands that are in a similar price range (some lower); originally I explicitly wrote about them as substitutes for Eidos tailored, now it's more just about them being good brands. None are quite as good in certain ways as when Eidos was good (which was unpredictable season to season of course)—nobody out there with the eye for fabric Antonio has. See here for the articles.

everyday

Reaction score
i'm still a fan of Barena for some of the casual things. It's a bit more "fashion" and less "easy to wear", but the vibe I get is pretty similar to Eidos slightly tailored sportswear imo.

I never liked S&M's neo cut. It's clearly Ciro inspired, but the pattern is cut quite differently, especially on the inside-V of the lapels.
I did enjoy Mossrocks' writeups a lot, I think there's a lot of good recommendations there!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads