• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

everyday

Reaction score
Eidos was great during the first couple of years...the ”Isaia light” period. It completely lost me when it got all fucked up and confused and move into conceptual street wear.
I felt that way sometimes at first, but I think after picking up a few pieces and living in them (probably wearing them in a completely Not As Intended way), I slowly started getting it.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people ITT were very fond of the Antonio era. As he’s discussed though - there never seemed to be a big market for what Eidos was at that time. It was too “young” to get the legacy Isaia buyers interested but too pricey for #menswear types to get into. Speaking personally I loved the brand but could not afford it. By the time I could afford it, Antonio was leaving. C’est la vie.
I loved Eidos. Antonio had a really good eye for interesting yet wearable fabrics that he's carried over to 18 East. Unfortunately, the tailored clothing was a bit out there for that crowd and the customer base was Styleforumers who bought the brand at significant discount from Bloomies and Carson Street Clothiers. (Yes, I'm guilty.) It's nice to see Antonio making the clothes he really wants to make instead of what corporate wants him to make. Kind of like an actor who gets to star in small indie films rather than Hollywood blockbusters.

SimModa

Reaction score
I've got a cotton/linen Guardi Moto belted jacket, new with tags (retail was $995) Size 54R but fits me great as a pretty standard US 42.

View attachment 1445454
View attachment 1445455
View attachment 1445456
View attachment 1445457

Was looking for this piece for a year. Purchased this from Zenosparadox last week but I found another one this week. Funny how that works.

That being said, this one is back up for sale. 54R but will fit great on a standard US42. $275 shipped
6B0C21C8-F1C5-4D8C-8663-87898C19F731.jpeg
F4418844-60C8-4C1A-B81C-131F3F691D75.jpeg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That belted moto jacket is so good. I bought mine from the well-known Eidos eBay seller and wore it all the time in Lisbon when there was a slight nip in the air.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The first 3 images from Michael Handis’ only Eidos collection. It may or may not be released in stores? I have no idea. Either way, very excited to see the rest. That hooded coat looks epic.

C2D4E01B-C6E5-4FA5-9D0F-1BC246BEE26F.jpeg
3BAE7F58-DEA0-4BED-9822-74F69EAE7424.jpeg
2F00D4FD-FB9C-46E9-B0A3-73C186026E5F.jpeg

hanbei23

Reaction score
Eidos was great during the first couple of years...the ”Isaia light” period. It completely lost me when it got all fucked up and confused and move into conceptual street wear.

interesting viewpoint. not sure if i see streetwear tho.

To me it was that Eidos design-wise remained the same theme-matically but I think the later lookbooks were styled differently. Its like if Basquiat wore a casentino wool overcoat. It's still tailored clothing or classic menswear, but the styled 'look' is different.

everyday

Reaction score
I like the vibe of the 3 pics a lot. Dirty Worn white sneakers included

everyday

Reaction score
I do think late Eidos had an undeniable SW&D vibe to it. Is it actual streetwear? No. Does it mesh with that world? I think.
Also, know it’s not the same thing, but just going to leave this here

Calling what I did at Eidos streetwear is laughable.
...Without vents, its almost a shirt jacket. Simply put, this is a jacket designed for an SW£D guy, not a CM guy.

;)

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were the Eidos band collared dress shirts (sized 15, 15.5, 16, etc.) sized the same as the alpha sized shirts (S, M, L)? Or were they tapered at the waist and longer to be tucked in like true dress shirts?

If the former, would the 16.5 be equivalent to a large? How about 18 East? (I think 18 East fits a little looser?) I'm confused because I sized up to a XL in the Thompson cardigan for a little slouch but iirc a large kurta fit which I think runs bigger than the band collar shirts?

Looking at this shirt which I believe was from Antonio's era:
s-l400.jpg

Thanks.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Calling what I did at Eidos streetwear is laughable.
What you did at and for Eidos are indeed laughable. Running the brand to the ground, despite all the shilling nobody is prepared to pay full retail for poor man's Isaia.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you did at and for Eidos are indeed laughable. Running the brand to the ground, despite all the shilling nobody is prepared to pay full retail for poor man's Isaia.
I bet that little twinge you felt in your crotch when you typed this out and hit “post” realllllly felt good. Attaboy, hit him where it hurts. You’ve really shown him!

bsarosi

Reaction score

So you clearly have no idea how retail works If you blame Antonio for “running the brand into the ground.” Try doing some research before you decide to post comments like this.

John L

Reaction score
Don't feed the trolls guys. He pretty clearly wasn't following the brand during it's trajectory.

As an aside, the Eidos patterned dress shirts from almost a decade ago are my 2nd most worn shirts, after solid whites.

I even bothered to get cufflinks a few years ago so I can wear the ones with french cuffs.

The fabric selection on them was crazy good.

I've moved almost all my tailoring to PJohnson and they vibe well together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads