• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember, but was it a mainly Eidos driven decision to part ways with Antonio or was it mutual? I thought Antonio was interested moving on to other things but Eidos under Antonio’s direction could have had at least another 2 full years, assuming factory and quality issues finding their consistency. Really sad to see that collaboration end because some awesome and unique things were created, also because 18east is not really my thing.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who came on after Simon Spurr left?
No real idea. Even the archived pages of the now-kaput Eidos website seems to mention Spurr as head designer.

IIRC, I think the change was at least partially chosen by both parties. Isaia (or whomever would qualify as the parent company) wanted to go for more of a luxe market and Antonio seemed to be struggling to get their Italian factories to properly make the clothes he wanted.

upflup

Reaction score
Most recent was going to be Michael Handis. Apparently he worked very closely with Spurr before taking over.

I feel bad for the guy if he ended up designing the whole AW 2020 and then it was just killed.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most recent was going to be Michael Handis. Apparently he worked very closely with Spurr before taking over.

I feel bad for the guy if he ended up designing the whole AW 2020 and then it was just killed.
Maybe the eBay seller sartoriadilusso may obtain Michael Handis' prototypes that will now not make it to production...

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's what I was thinking, too. His first collection was going to be the one that'd be starting to drop in the next few weeks.
So it's a bummer for him and anybody who was on Eidos' payroll.

If Eidos was struggling already, this was probably the easiest chance for them to end it cleanly, since the lockdown in Italy probably meant they couldn't have been able to start production on the clothes until just a few weeks ago, not nearly enough time to meet delivery schedules starting in a few weeks. Also no retailers would probably be expecting deliveries or would even be in the position to pay for them tbh (not sure if that's how it works, paying up front at the time of delivery).

Anyway, yes, if samples do make their way out for sale I would be interested to see them.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t remember, but was it a mainly Eidos driven decision to part ways with Antonio or was it mutual? I thought Antonio was interested moving on to other things but Eidos under Antonio’s direction could have had at least another 2 full years, assuming factory and quality issues finding their consistency. Really sad to see that collaboration end because some awesome and unique things were created, also because 18east is not really my thing.

IIRC Antonio was working with someone to buy Eidos from Isaia and make the label independent. Didn't work out but I think that same person/group made the connection at Roller Rabbit (which owns 18E).

TokenMao

Reaction score
In case people are interested, modaoperandi is clearing out their stock of Eidos. Flight jacket is quite nice

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Handis is exceptionally talented. He did all the art direction for the last two Eidos shoots, which really felt strong. I was very excited to see how his collection would be received. As for my time at Eidos - I’m proud of the work but it was a failure from a commercial standpoint. Simply put - it did not sell unless heavily marked down. I think that there is a lot that goes into why that is, but would strongly encourage anyone that is thinking about getting into that section of the market not to. I would be terrified if I was working for any of the “luxury” tier, widely distributed wholesale reliant clothing businesses.

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well dudes, if Eidos (the brand) is dead, then long live Eidos (the memories and clothes)...

IMG_2660.JPG

kid1002

Reaction score
Picked up this cotton jacket recently. Too bad that the brand is no longer with us anymore.

LA5A6192-编辑.jpg

The gorge is really really high. Probably one of the highest in my wardrobe. Not sure what I think of it now, but we'll see.

I quite like the fit though. It's not as tight as Lardini/Tagliatore/Boglioli, but definitely nowhere near as boxy as my Brooks Brothers. It's just right for me.

LA5A6190-编辑.jpg

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a couple Made in Italy Lupos in size Medium that I'm looking to move. Blue one has been worn 1x and Green 3-4x so both are in excellent condition. $85 each shipped CONUS or $150 if you want both.

Last edited:

moimael

Reaction score
Have a couple Made in Italy Lupos in size Mediun that I'm looking to move. Blue one has been worn 1x and Green 3-4x so both are in excellent condition. $85 each shipped CONUS or $150 if you want both.

How is the fit on those? It seems like it varies quite a lot depending on which season they are from. I only have experience with the new york blues ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads