• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica Some time ago you commented that the FW17 hemp Matera was supposed to be hot washed and dried but the factory just cold washed and hanged dry. Would a DIY wash/dry get it to the intended look or do you think it would do damage?

It will absolutely help but it will also shrink so take that into consideration. That said, the chest pockets were placed too low on the production run and no amount of washing will fix that.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You missed the fact that NMWA does sell unique quality items that cannot otherwise be procured anywhere else and are very limited in numbers. You want other people to go GAP?

First off - The Ragosta was a field jacket, not a safari jacket (which traditionally has a belt, epaulets, and triple pointed pockets with gusseted box pleats). This makes me crazy every time I read it.

Secondly and more to the point above, two of my most stylish friends (Zeph Colombatto and Glen Allsop - the original Eidos model and photographer respectively) regularly wear the GAP and always look great in it. Glen has a GAP field jacket that I couldn't replicate in Italy if I tried, no matter the pricepoint.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off - The Ragosta was a field jacket, not a safari jacket (which traditionally has a belt, epaulets, and triple pointed pockets with gusseted box pleats). This makes me crazy every time I read it.

Secondly and more to the point above, two of my most stylish friends (Zeph Colombatto and Glen Allsop - the original Eidos model and photographer respectively) regularly wear the GAP and always look great in it. Glen has a GAP field jacket that I couldn't replicate in Italy if I tried, no matter the pricepoint.

I can't imagine frequenting a forum of consumers in my industry posting nonsense about my work all day long. I don't know how you do it.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxeswap goodies:

2F5B2787-E1BC-403F-91C2-873B90497965.jpeg

526C8561-5249-4B17-9E18-533C7A92D4EB.jpeg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/352645123141

19992428-ECA9-4E48-980C-26583EE719A3.jpeg

E4E8930F-E8F1-41C9-9C79-0EE53ACC013D.jpeg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/362624614933

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobody does it better than China ;)

dynemacron

Reaction score
What do you suppose this suit is? I messaged them and they have no answers. Probably too risky but it looks like a Saks product photo.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192893124707

They had those suits at the Saks Off Fifth near me. Its a Locust, and terrible fitting. Essentially the Saks Off Fifth near me got a bunch of Eidos jackets and suits (which were not even ever stocked by Saks, because some were Ciro models). Feel free to ask @NickPollica about that model's problems.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend that linen belted moto. I love mine and have worn it a few times in the past month as we're in that rare sweet-spot for Texas weather. It will be coming with me to Spain and Morocco next month. Styled shockingly poorly in that Luxeswap listing, the jacket pairs well with t shirts, henleys, or linen crew neck sweaters like those by Inis Meain, and looser fitting pants. I also see it working well w band collar shirts. I tend to prefer it in more tonal looks. Or dye it blue/navy like UC did. Almost tempted to delete all of this and pick up a second for that purpose. It seems awful short though for a 50, I feel like my 52 is quite a bit longer in the body.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any indigo searsucker trousers floating around beside the obvious spots eBay / Grailed etc? Looking for a 32-34 for summer

efta

Reaction score
They really are awesome and I had to think long and hard about parting with them. But ultimately they were a bit snug on thighs which meant I only wore them twice

I'd advise anyone considering copping to size up. If the sizing is anything like mine, id say a 34 is more of a 30 or a 32 in everything but the waist...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with you guys and the new Eidos? I mean it's damn iconic.

img_1555927149349.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads