1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

I think this was called the Marcus shirt? I don’t wear it very often and I’m not sure why. Not sure if it fits in with my more casual workwear pieces.
    Great shirt though, someoabout the design makes me look like I’m in better shape than I am.

6C0A7488-1B16-44DB-BF09-7B76129415FE.jpeg

2. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

That’s the original work shirt and it has the marcus collar. Lots of push back from every one of the retailers that customers didn’t “understand” the collar. We ended up changing it to something smaller and less spread.

3. n2pua

n2pua Senior Member

please tell me you can resurrect it for an 18e denim work shirt

(pretty sure me/some of us have already made that request)

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

if you want to get rid of it (and depending on size) i probably would buy it from you.

5. NickPollica

While I love how it looks in the photo above, it was largely unsuccessful commercially for the aforementioned reasons. Further, I'm not really interested in rehashing Eidos ideas for 18 East.

6. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Haha, too nice to let go and I’m a small so probably wouldn’t work for you anyway. I know you love the Marcus collar, have you tried Luxire or one of those types of services? I tried to have a former affiliate copy an old Eidos bomber and wasn’t really happy with the result (probably my fault for kissing some of the details or messing up the measurements.)

7. n2pua

n2pua Senior Member

completely understandable.

although to be fair, i considered them your signature ideas.

8. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Distinguished Member

When is the Antonio by Antonio line gonna launch?

Best of old and new

9. NickPollica

I'm making what I want to make right now.

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

Generally no, as I feel like that would be stealing intellectual property.
    That said, now that these designs are in the dustbin of history and not commercially available at all anymore aside from the random eBay deal, I’m considering it.
    Right now I have more than enough shirts and am on an OCBD kick. But it’s in my head for the future.

11. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

I hear you on the stealing issue but I wanted that bomber so bad! I paid the price for my indiscretion in a custom jacket I don’t wear.
    Shirts should be easy to copy though. May want a faux dickie shirt one of these days.

12. John L

John L Senior Member

A bit of a market hole in regards to slim tailoring that isn't short in length.

Hopefully that gets filled at some point but I'll enjoy scouring the bay for stray jackets and suits until then.

13. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Have you checked NMWA’s IG post about their new house brand of tailoring? Looks good.

14. #dadcore

#dadcore Senior Member

Speaking of EBay hunting, how many times have you scrolled past this jacket?? It’s been for sale for years at this point.
    CDC389B2-45F6-4D14-B76B-E2BEE0783FCF.jpeg

15. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Senior Member

Old old pre-Antonio Eidos garment washed fused jacket.

Big sleeves, low cut arms, fits big - I picked one up for like 40 bucks off yoox ages ago and its basically sat unworn