• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In the process of listing my final tailoring hold outs from my personal collection on everybody’s favorite banned reselling site. What’s going up is essentially the best iterations of the things we made. Most of the fabrics are in the “quietly incredible” range. If you are a tall 48/50 or 50R I recommend taking a look.

dkboze

Reaction score
In the process of listing my final tailoring hold outs from my personal collection on everybody’s favorite banned reselling site. What’s going up is essentially the best iterations of the things we made. Most of the fabrics are in the “quietly incredible” range. If you are a tall 48/50 or 50R I recommend taking a look.

If I'm a 48 in Ciro and 50 in Tenero, you think the 50 Augusto suits (particularly the teal cord) will work?

n2pua

Reaction score
@NickPollica .......

Just curious as to why

Fatherhood/lack of opportunity to wear ? a need for closet space ? washing your hands clean ?

the tailored pieces (i know for some of us) are still talked about fondly, as nobody really has matched your eye for fabric. i know we all get rid of things from time to time, but as these were your creations, i'm impressed you can part with them

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I'm a 48 in Ciro and 50 in Tenero, you think the 50 Augusto suits (particularly the teal cord) will work?
I would check measurements and compare with your own stuff.
@NickPollica .......

Just curious as to why

Fatherhood/lack of opportunity to wear ? a need for closet space ? washing your hands clean ?

the tailored pieces (i know for some of us) are still talked about fondly, as nobody really has matched your eye for fabric. i know we all get rid of things from time to time, but as these were your creations, i'm impressed you can part with them

Its a combination of things but mostly (and unfortunately), I've gotten substantially larger through the midsection. Couple that with the fact that I live a life that has a usefulness for tailoring maybe 3-4 times a year and there's really no need to keep them. There are definitely things I'm holding onto for sentimental reasons but not much.

That said, if you talk about an eye for fabric, what I'm putting up is essentially the very best of that. The gray DB suit is exemplary of this. The fabric it is cut from is the best winter wool fabric I've ever seen, period. If I could fit into it it would be staying in my closet. Same with the Tallia Delfino fresco micro herringbone that will go up later. Its the best spring/summer cloth.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would check measurements and compare with your own stuff.

Its a combination of things but mostly (and unfortunately), I've gotten substantially larger through the midsection. Couple that with the fact that I live a life that has a usefulness for tailoring maybe 3-4 times a year and there's really no need to keep them. There are definitely things I'm holding onto for sentimental reasons but not much.

That said, if you talk about an eye for fabric, what I'm putting up is essentially the very best of that. The gray DB suit is exemplary of this. The fabric it is cut from is the best winter wool fabric I've ever seen, period. If I could fit into it it would be staying in my closet. Same with the Tallia Delfino fresco micro herringbone that will go up later. Its the best spring/summer cloth.

What size is the Tallia Delfino suit?

And of course, any more Lupos to go on sale?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were a 38R and not a 38L I would be thousands of dollars poorer right now. For those of my taller friends, the DB cut on the Ciro is amazing. I have it in a green seersucker and I can't say enough good things about the shape of the suit. Someone please buy those ASAP...

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you were a 38R and not a 38L I would be thousands of dollars poorer right now. For those of my taller friends, the DB cut on the Ciro is amazing. I have it in a green seersucker and I can't say enough good things about the shape of the suit. Someone please buy those ASAP...

I know I'm biased but I believe it is the best in RTW period.

n2pua

Reaction score
i can't wrap my head around you parting with the chalk stripe primo (the whole reason i made my first purchase), let alone the ormezzano DB ciro (wasn't there only enough cloth for 3-4 pieces total?)

i still hope of finding that cloth for an MTM somewhere.

Reaction score
I'm not an EBay user. How do we know which products are from your collection?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i can't wrap my head around you parting with the chalk stripe primo (the whole reason i made my first purchase), let alone the ormezzano DB ciro (wasn't there only enough cloth for 3-4 pieces total?)

i still hope of finding that cloth for an MTM somewhere.

They don't fit me anymore. You're right about that Ormezzano cloth too. Last I checked Michelangelo had 3m left.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads