• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NewYawker

Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so I just confirmed that I am a size 39 (15.5) in the pop-over shirts so I'm guessing I would be a 15.5/39 in the other shirt styles as well, but not so sure about the overshirts (i..e quilted and flannel overshirt styles). Does anyone with experience with the quilted and regular shirting able to comment as to whether or not I should stick to a 15.5/39 in the quilted or flannel overshirt or if I should size up to a 16/40 so that if fits better over another button down or polo? Maybe @NickPollica can give me some advice since I know you've posted some nice pics with these layered?

bearsfan172

Reaction score
Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of the Lorenzo from NMWA. Could someone describe the Lorenzo fit overall? I've seen some comparisons to other fits, but I've never tried on any Eidos. Is it overall a relatively trim fit? High armholes?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here you go....this is entirely unaltered: open quarters, wide lapels, arms holes aren't too high, unpadded shoulder that is designed to be slightly extended, and the SCs come completely unlined. It's a beautiful cut...I have another in the works and will be getting many more. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

rahul

Reaction score

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of the Lorenzo from NMWA. Could someone describe the Lorenzo fit overall? I've seen some comparisons to other fits, but I've never tried on any Eidos.
Is it overall a relatively trim fit? High armholes?

It is relatively slim but not anymore than the Eidos tenero model. It seems slightly longer than the tenero. I also prefer how clean the chest fits. Here's a MTM I just did from NMWA:
[/IMG]

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Murlsquirl is that a 42L?

I have a 42L coming in as well, but am hoping it's not too long. I'm usually a 42R, but that would have been too short for me in Eidos and decided to size up to 42L on recommendations from the NMWA thread. I guess I'll find out when it comes in next week.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Murlsquirl
 is that a 42L?

I have a 42L coming in as well, but am hoping it's not too long. I'm usually a 42R, but that would have been too short for me in Eidos and decided to size up to 42L on recommendations from the NMWA thread. I guess I'll find out when it comes in next week.  

Yep. Which one did you get? How tall are you?

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Which one did you get? How tall are you?

Brown mini houndstooth suit.

I'm 6'0", but need a 31" BOC to truly cover my seat. Since I was told they run a little short, I got the 42L, but got a little worried seeing your pics at 6'3" IIRC.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Brown mini houndstooth suit.

I'm 6'0", but need a 31" BOC to truly cover my seat. Since I was told they run a little short, I got the 42L, but got a little worried seeing your pics at 6'3" IIRC.  

Oh yeah, I remeber now. Such an awesome suit. I would have grabbed it if the trousers fit.

Yep, I'm 6'3"...but I think you'll be alright. My legs are so long I would mind a little more length.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remeber now. Such an awesome suit. I would have grabbed it if the trousers fit.

Yep, I'm 6'3"...but I think you'll be alright. My legs are so long I would mind a little more length.

Yeah, the benefit of having a gut right now haha. Anyways, thanks man, I'm just being OCD. Gets here on Wed. so I'll be able to judge and hopefully post a fit pic.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, the benefit of having a gut right now haha. Anyways, thanks man, I'm just being OCD. Gets here on Wed. so I'll be able to judge and hopefully post a fit pic.  

Everyone on this forum is obsessive....can't wait to see pics.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on sizing for the casentino bomber? Same as sport coat sizing? @NickPollica

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads