• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no opera, theater, ballet, or symphony where you live?

Yes plenty, but even wearing a suit to such a place would be considered excessive around here. But I meant more in general. Makes me think of Casablanca.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which is a good way to dump bunch Eidos CM in small size , eBay or B&S... can always send Spoo with NMWA credit too I suppose...

Size 36/46? Pm me first!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Les Mis in NYC in June. I can’t recall seeing a single suit. Maybe a couple sport coats?

paris94

Reaction score
I saw Les Mis in NYC in June. I can’t recall seeing a single suit. Maybe a couple sport coats?
NYC can be the worst for gauging how to dress...with the majority of theater-goers being tourists, it's not surprising you see jeans and everything else at Broadway shows and the Met Opera. Regardless, I proudly wear my tux to The Met.

Creasy729

Reaction score
Depends on the show/location in NYC. I saw My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center a few weeks back, and there were definitely a number of (older) people dressed up, including an older man a row ahead of me who was in a full seersucker suit (and looked great). I myself was not in anything too serious (I think I may have actually been wearing a Lupo), but I would not have felt out of place in a suit.

So I think Lincoln Center shows (the Met, ballet, etc.) are probably good for suits or dinner jackets. Broadway though? Not so much.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think this was never really the Eidos thread and has always sort of been the Antonio thread.

I didn't set up the thread! That said, Eidos was deliberately positioned with me as an interactive voice. On some level, this probably contributed to it's lack of scalability. With Simon, I believe the thought is a leader that is more of a capital D designer with a more exclusive persona will inspire more and make the company feel more aspirational.

That is also to say that with the new collection delivering, I will be largely stepping away from this thread. For questions about gear from my time, please feel free to shoot me a DM and I'll do my best to help in any way that I can. It's been real. Onward and upward.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't set up the thread! That said, Eidos was deliberately positioned with me as an interactive voice. On some level, this probably contributed to it's lack of scalability. With Simon, I believe the thought is a leader that is more of a capital D designer with a more exclusive persona will inspire more and make the company feel more aspirational.

That is also to say that with the new collection delivering, I will be largely stepping away from this thread. For questions about gear from my time, please feel free to shoot me a DM and I'll do my best to help in any way that I can. It's been real. Onward and upward.

there is an 18east thread for those who are interested

thanks for your advice and comments even though I was late to Eidos. really appreciated

dkboze

Reaction score
there is an 18east thread for those who are interested

thanks for your advice and comments even though I was late to Eidos. really appreciated
Seconded, Nick. Your involvement in and patience with this thread is a huge reason I've come to love Eidos. Selfishly hope it keeps up with 18 East

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads