1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Bloomingdale's does have a nice selection of sizes.

2. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Awesome.

3. hookem12387

The first grey looking jacket above is described as "green" but I don't see it. Bad picture? Or?

4. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Is there a photo of this anywhere? I love the Liverano cut, but I can't come close to affording bespoke and I have no idea the next time I'll be in Florence to buy the Liverano RTW in person.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Does eidos have a website?

6. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

@NickPollica - just purchased the following blue wool DB jacket through Yoox, is it part of the new Eidos stuff or leftovers from before? (I've read that you used to make a bunch of washed, soft-construction stuff and though I think this piece isn't the case it'd be nice to know what collection it's from!) My first piece of Eidos clothing, looking forward to receiving it!

[​IMG]
    close up:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  7. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

^ This is from Pre-Ciongoli Era.

The Michelangelo Group, produced in the Frosinone factory three brands:
    Sartoria Correale (Little brother of Isaia), Michelangelo (usually classical styles and suits), Eidos (Casual Sportcoats / Washed jackets)

I have 4 sportcoats from them, a Correale washed DB (fused), an Eidos herringbone tweed (fused), 2 Michelangelo totally uncostructed Sportcoats, in a fantastic cut with slanted darts.
    They are absolutely among my favourites jackets.

In Italy they were very common, very great quality/price ratio and cut, however many of them were fused, now Eidos it's fully canvassed.
    As I've seen the new Eidos started from the past of the brand and make it even and even better.

@NickPollica How many store actually carry the New brand here in Italy? Thanks in advance and congrats on your fantastic work.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  8. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

That's...unfortunately a disappointment to hear :( was hoping it'd be canvassed. It looks great though.

9. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

They were very well made even if fused, soft and with nice lapel roll.
    Being unlined it will be easy for you to check the construction, but almost certainly it's fused.

10. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

any knowledgeable man here can comment on this brand also from isaia group i believe?
    [​IMG]

11. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Description is correct - its a greyish green houndstooth from lanifico di pray and it is awesome IRL.

Check out the photo of me in the interview I did with unbelragazzo for SF - Im wearing it!

Not really, no. At least not yet. I want to do it right and havent had the time. We did a tumblr based microsite for our spring collection which can be seen at thisisrome.net

This is a very good summation of our factory's history, although much of the correale and michelangelo branded garments have been half canvassed in the past.

Regarding anyone in italy selling the "new" eidos, I'm not sure as it is handled through agents and our milan showroom. I havent really had time to focus on any markets outside of the us.

1 person likes this.
  12. hookem12387

Thanks a lot. Any chance it's green enough to wear with grey pants? I'm guessing not.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Is this jacket still in stock? I saw it on tumblr (I think last years collection)[​IMG]

14. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

@NickPollica any chance you guys can do a tuxedo through your MTM (or possible even MTO) program? I tried on the blackwatch dinner jacket at CSC and it fit like a freaking glove, but unfortunately a blackwatch dinner jacket is not in the cards for my wedding.

15. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

CSC can do a MTM tuxedo for you no problem! Call Patrick and he should be able to help out.

16. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

[​IMG]

Eidos hopsack blazer (as previously promised) + polo...

3 people like this.
  17. kulata

kulata Senior member

Very nice. Would love to see the liverano cut too but definitely buying the polo asap

18. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

Yeah, I haven't seen the Liverano cut in the wild yet either, but I'm hoping to pick one up for the fall if the cut/fit 'agrees' with me...

19. kulata

kulata Senior member

Think I found a pic of the Liverano cut on Nick and I love it

http://kulata1.tumblr.com/image/76674795248

20. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

Yeah, I've seen that too. It's basically exactly what I want. I think NMWA will carry it in the fall (I hope). Until then...