1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

2. slimster

slimster Member

Indeed, we mustn’t judge too soon as we haven’t seen everything!

For instance, where are those darn logo’d hoodies hiding?

3. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Senior Member

It's funny looking through those promo images and thinking about when I first got into Eidos with the impression - "oh! This is tailoring I can actually wear in the real world!" (which in itself is strange because the Eidos "stories" shoots were all handsome dudes in Italy doing Italy stuff that I could never relate to - exception being the Tony Hawk shoot) What started off with unstructured sportcoats with interesting fabric resulted in me buying aran mock turtlenecks, linen striped tees, and batik print god knows what - things I wouldn't have considered years prior. BUT it all worked because I could wear any combo of it with the same shitty black levi's 511's/vans I've worn since I was a teenager.

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

The Resistance is the name of my antifa movement and a description of how the thighs feel on those slim trousers.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 1:18 PM

5. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Both sides are to blame for the new Spurr collection. Both sides...

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

In light of the FW18 presentation, consider the following:

• Bloomingdales Lupos are made in America (100% cotton) for anyone still curious. The navy I received as the screen print at the back near the lower collar. According to Antonio the white one should be MIA. I did notice some variance in fit from the brown Lupos MIA that I also purchased this season, and the collar to the eye looks different but when I measured multiple times at various points there was little difference.

• Yoox put up old Eidos collection not too long ago and there is a promotion with an additional 20% off promotion happening. Did not check as a lot of odd sizes, but worth a look.

• Also, Mohawk General Store sold out of the small and medium chambray shirt. Which one of you here picked up? @mossrockss :smarmy::fence:If someone here picked up I am curious to hear about fit. Actually, no do not tell me...wear in good health.

7. forsan

forsan Senior Member

On the subject of everything Antonio made being supremely wearable, a (nearly) all Eidos fit from vacation last week:
    cdmx_eidos.JPG
    striped t-shirt from SS17
    Matera
    Sal in cavalry twill

FWIW, that T is probably one of my favorite pieces from Eidos. Taken TTS, it's a tad slouchy (a bit exaggerated here from having the sunglasses on the collar) and extremely comfortable. Tempted to get a second off Yoox while I still can...

8. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

I suppose I should join this discussion and add that even though I’m picking up two jackets and a suit from my tailor in Sicily tomorrow, I can’t wait to get home and try on the Eidos/Vanson grizzly jacket waiting for me back home.

9. daddyblitz

daddyblitz Senior Member

Hmm did not see anything eidos on yoox

10. pi34

pi34 Senior Member

I know this isn't the classified area, but I figured I'd post a picture of some jackets I'm debating returning [or maybe throwing up in classifieds or eBay] rather than keeping in the event anyone wants to snag them off me before I do one of those three things. If so, I can take measurements while I continue to delay working on an assignment.

plaid jacket distance.jpg Plaid Jacket close up.jpg Plaid Jacket Tab.jpg

windowpane jacket far.jpg windowpane jacket 2.jpg windowpane jacket 3.jpg

11. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Well-Known Member

I just got the indigo raglan sweater and sized up on Marcus's advice. The fit is great - relaxed but not oversized. I also got the navy turtleneck and light brown zip TTS and I think I'm going to have to buy the rest of the line that's left. It might be a bit repetitive but I love the cloth and cut.

12. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

How much?

13. Booter

Booter Senior Member

Pics! Would love to seem some pics from anyone who bought this.