• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

16Jvx.gif

OscarO

Reaction score
It’s definitely time to bunker up on eidos trousers, but actually quite like this one guessing it’s gonna be stupid expensive though.
D7A79C03-0901-42D8-8C05-59212197EB24.jpeg

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious take: the designs look neat – cant say they’re tasteless. But it’s a rapid departure from Antonio’s cool, relaxed, and approachable Eidos. I don’t think I’d every have worn Indian pajama pants if Antonio didn’t teach me how.

Can’t see myself in this new line. It’s too bold/loud. I’m just a dude who wants to look good in a suit.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a feeling what will actually be available is boring basics, so, don't fret just yet! Runway and lookbooks are always just for show half the time in my opinion. I would not write off the label yet until perhaps Antonio and Greg provides some more input.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^legit looks like a bathroom rug

Not something I would wear, but that coat is one of the few things I sorta liked. My only criticism of the whole collection is that it feels very safe and wearable. Almost wearable to a fault. It feels basic and boring, like the sort of modern menswear you can find anywhere. The silhouettes are slim in a conventional way, the details aren't that weird, the fabrics and colors are pretty straightforward. One of the things I like about Antonio's designs is that they were weird and interesting in the right ways -- easy to wear, but still off-beat enough to be something more than J. Crew.

The fleece coat is one of the few pieces in here that do that. Other stuff -- suede trucker, double rider with buttons, slim pants, etc are all really basic. Patterned knits are always great, but these just feel OK. Chevron quilted jacket is nice, but also the sort of thing you'd like in a Gap collab.

I'm sure Simon can do fun, interesting stuff. This specific collection just feels like it's laying the groundwork, I suppose. But if this is the future of the line, it feels a little overly basic and safe.

everyday

Reaction score
It's funny how much I agree with everything said so far. Anonymous, short, tight, tasteful, safe, etc. I still don't instantly dislike what was shown.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's funny how much I agree with everything said so far. Anonymous, short, tight, tasteful, safe, etc. I still don't instantly dislike what was shown.

Feels like the sort of thing someone posts in the "Should I Buy" thread and nobody replies because ... it seems fine. It's nothing you'd hate, but also nothing you'd get super excited about.

That said, I have some Eidos stuff that's also super basic and conventional. I love the way Antonio made topcoats, for example, and the silhouette is pretty straightforward and simple. The shaker knit I bought this past season is also just a shaker knit made from cooler yarns. So it's not a huge departure in that regard -- it still feels very wearable, which is the heart of the line, I suppose.

Antonio's vision had an Italian-American sensibility though. Sometimes casual Italian, sometimes Northeastern prep. Also sometimes international and forward looking because he's into stuff from all over the world. Simon's vision for Eidos feels more refined, sophisticated, and urban. It's very New York City nights. Slim and sexy, made for the guy "who just wants to look good." Antonio's stuff feels more rustic and casual in that regard, something to relax in.

For conventional, basic clothes, I identify more with Antonio's vision than the young NYC sophisticate who wants to hit the town at night.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
An example, even the field jacket here -- a centerpiece of workwear -- is dressed up, made more urbane, and refined. It's for the guy who loves slim dark suits and Creed fragrances, enjoys cocktails and knows a bit about sportscars. It's a guy who either works in finance or aspires to.

Antonio's field jacket isn't like that at all. It's a lot more rugged, closer to the jacket's original roots, but still the sort of thing you can wear with tailored pants. It's a daytime jacket, often made from washed and textured fabrics. It's more rustic, in a way, to the degree urban/ country dynamics can be applied to military clothes. Or, at least, Antonio's version would feel more at home in a country setting than Simon's. And, by the same token, Simon's would look more at home in a dark whiskey bar.

8UwABa5.jpg

a0f995f864248e0f7d306fbb2dbdef54.jpg

everyday

Reaction score
The way you interpret all these things make me like it a lot less. I guess everybody's perception is different, but I always liked Antonio's clothes because they were just that: Good clothes. You could follow his look books or not, and they were just very real. Now I read about sports cars, finance and whisky bars (what's a whisky bar?) and NYC and it doesn't mean anything to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads