Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. n2pua

n2pua Senior member

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Oh I know! I appreciate your comments. I just wanted to explain myself. I also do not have a problem with criticism - especially if that criticism is bolstered by comment.

I also prefer the fit and the aesthetics of my Despos sportcoat, and we are moving forward with that pattern. Chris and I discussed those preferences at length between my various orders. I am a porsche guy, not a lamborghini guy, if that makes sense. I do not really like much of an angular look. Accordingly, we are using a more rounded, loose-fitting silhouette going forward. In short, the sportcoat is an improvement on the suit, and that improvement was borne by me communicating better.

With respect to value, I think that the Eidos offers me fantastic value. Second to none. Any RTW that fits you very well off the peg is going to offer you tremendous value, especially monetarily speaking. Nonetheless, I do not know if it is fair to compare the value proposition of well-fitting RTW to bespoke. Indeed, it is difficult to talk about the value of bespoke, when you have a RTW option that fits you well. However, the type of value that well-fitting RTW provides is different from the value that bespoke provides. I had some issues with the trousers on my Despos suit and I brought the trousers me the last time I went to Chicago. The trousers actually had to be re-cut (I gained weight from my last fitting for the suit, and I do not think that weight will ever be lost again, i.e., I was too thin at that time), and Chris did so and shipped them back to me (free of charge). That kind of value is near impossible to replicate. I am thinking about bringing my jacket with me the next time I visit, to see if there are any changes that Chris would make.

Moreover, the "value" of bespoke really shines when you are commissioning something a bit different. By way of example, my tuxedo. With a tuxedo, the tolerances, when it comes to proportion, are significantly tighter. When it comes to a tuxedo, it is very, very difficult to get something that is perfect. As an initial matter, the fabric matters - a lot. Further, the jacket-vest-pants nexus is tricky to get perfect. Either the trousers are too low or high, the vest is too low or high, the jacket is too long or short, etc. Then you have the details. Are the lapels too big? Not big enough? How is the vest shaped? etc.

One minor note about the back of the grey suit. Most of the time, I wear my Inglese shirts which have small pleats all along the back-yoke. The grey suit, being as light as it is, typically shows that shirring. I know it bothered Chris when we were doing fittings.

3. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

where can i see pics of the despos SC? i've seen your suit but not sure i've seen your SC

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Man. I've got my Primo jacket below already in my rotation but that fabric makes me think "maybe i need another seasonal navy blazer." Looks amazing. Congrats.

IMG_4453.jpg

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Could always use another seasonal navy blazer. Just don't tell your wife.

6. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

Nah its ok

And yes, that formosa posted by Simon is unacceptable

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Moss, the rusty brown SC, for reference. (More pictures, generally, in my mega thread in sig).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

Exactly my justification on my recent splurge(s). Just snagged this Silk/wool bad boy off that Naples reseller via ebay. Albeit with flap instead of patch pockets.

Screenshot_20171020-162715.jpg

10. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

What's the username of the Naples reseller?

11. keunho

keunho Well-Known Member

sartoriadilusso

12. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

13. Nbarbar

Nbarbar Member

Beautiful jacket!