Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Like you said, perfect DB cut and silhouette. I wasn't sure the lapels would work (the high gorge DB lapels can sometimes look weird, but these are perfect). I really really want this jacket but in a summer-weight navy cloth with white buttons.
    in other words, the one Zeph is selling on Grailed, but in my size. le sigh… https://www.ebay.com/listings/2024215-Eidos-Napoli-Navy-Donagle-Unlined-Double-Breasted-Blazer

2. cattitude

cattitude Well-Known Member

Hi All - I'm sure this has been asked and answered repeatedly, so apologies, but does Saks use a consistent model/cut for their suits/jackets? I'm eyeing the donegal melange silk/linen suit. I have a Tipo and Tenero so that is my frame of reference.

3. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

that suit is Tenero. That thing is killer.

4. cattitude

Great, thank you! I'll give it a shot. Fingers crossed on the pants working...

5. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

If you bought the 38/48, thank you! I have been convincing myself all day that I don't need another suit :)

Hope it works out for you & post pics when you receive it

6. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

if i hadn't just gotten that navy Ciro suit, it woudl've been much harder to resist this thing.

i'm seriously debating whether to get the navy hopsack jacket and the gray micro-check suit. I also have a 10% coupon i've been hiding away, so both are down to ridiculous prices. But neither are really a "need" for me; both are just a "it'd be nice to have those and I'll never get a deal like this on either a dark gray suit or navy hopsack blazer in my favorite Eidos cut again" kinda thing.

7. cattitude

@JR Magat I did indeed! Glad to have helped you out. I know the jacket will fit nicely, but I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the thigh out to the max on these...

There are still many tempting sportcoats in 38/48 remaining! I'm also eyeing the gingham blue silk/wool, but I'm not sure about the model of that one either.

8. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

a few suits say "tipo", but otherwise they are tenero, from my understanding. one way to tell is to zoom in on the pics and make sure they have 3 buttons on the front and two vents. if that's the case, it isn't augusto (which is ventless, and they have some of those for sale), and the jackets are really only from this season and last, when saks only carried tenero.

9. cattitude

@mossrockss thank you for this information, very helpful!!

10. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

@mossrockss I hear ya... if the items weren't 'final sale' I probably would have picked up a few items impulsively to try/keep or return.

With that said, this jacket has been in my cart...
    [​IMG]

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

^^^^ That jacket is great. Partially lined and super light. I've tried it on several times at a B&M Saks. The description on the website is incorrect; it is 100% silk, not wool.

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Joined the Eidos family today haha, looking forward to seeing how I like them. Quite a unique collar for sure.

2017-07-27 12.16.02_edited.jpg

13. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

nice man, where did you buy?

14. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Coachman Clothiers, all long sleeve. I honestly should have bought yours when it was for sale so this helped me right that wrong. I am just getting started with sport coats so I hope I can make them work without a jacket as well but I'm not 100% on the look without.

15. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

i'll be honest, i prefer the lupo with a jacket. it is killer. without, you're right, it looks better and more at home in some circumstances than others