• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antonio's advice re. sizing of the drawstring pants:

@NickPollica how does this season's drawstring pant fit? I tried last season's and the fit was a little weird on me. 34 thighs were way too tight, hugging my legs, and 36 waist was too big even for a cinched style. I'm usually a size 50 in eidos trousers, true waist is 34"-34.5".

The fit is way less weird this season. We added elastic in the waist and made it smaller so its cleaner thrughout. If I were you I would try TTS and one size up and see which you like better.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOUNDER EXITS EIDOS TO LAUNCH NEW BRAND

NEW YORK, July 20, 2017 -- Antonio K. Ciongoli, co-founder and Creative Director of EIDOS, announced today that he is leaving Eidos after this season to launch a forthcoming brand.

Mr. Ciongoli has led EIDOS for four and a half years, since he pitched the brand concept to Isaia Napoli, the company’s majority shareholders. In that time, EIDOS has evolved from a small collection focused on classic tailoring to a global luxury wholesale brand that is sold in over 40 locations worldwide including Barney’s New York, Lane Crawford and Mr. Porter.

“Building Eidos has been a life-changing experience for me and I cannot thank Gianluca Isaia and Jim Shay enough for the opportunity to do so. While moving on from anything one cares about is difficult, I am optimistic about EIDOS’ potential and I look forward to watching its future evolution,” stated Mr. Ciongoli, noting that he will stay through the end of this season and retain his equity stake in the brand thereafter.

Regarding his new project, Mr. Ciongoli said, “In the last six years I have seen the retail landscape change dramatically. The value in today’s market is the opportunity to connect directly with the people to whom our product speaks and I’m interested in creating an immersive, content-driven platform that expands that dialogue.” Mr. Ciongoli noted that more information about his forthcoming brand will be made available weekly via his Instagram @akciongoli.

ABOUT ANTONIO K. CIONGOLI

Antonio K. Ciongoli is a creative director with over 10 years of international luxury sportswear design experience. Most recently he has led EIDOS, a unisex global lifestyle brand he conceptualized and co-founded with Isaia Napoli in January of 2013.

Ciongoli was born and raised in Burlington, Vermont, attended St. Stephen’s School in Rome, Italy and graduated from the Annenburg School of Communication at the University of Southern California in 2006. He began his career in fashion at Vineyard Vines, where he was hired to answer phones in their customer service center. Within 4 months, he was managing the design of all men’s and women’s accessories and children’s clothing. In 2008, Ciongoli joined Ralph Lauren as a knitwear designer for their Rugby brand and remained there until he was tapped by American menswear designer Michael Bastian to be his deputy creative director. During his tenure with Bastian, the label received wide critical acclaim, including two nominations and 1 win for the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s (CFDA) Menswear Designer of the Year (2011 and 2013) and GQ’s Best New Designer of the Year in 2011.

The EIDOS brand has been highlighted in many international fashion publications including WWD, GQ, Esquire, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. It is sold at over 40 luxury retail locations worldwide.

dylantheroberts

Reaction score
This is a huge setback for the brand Eidos
It might be but that being said I'm really excited to see what Antonio does next. For me one of the things that has made Eidos such an amazing brand is the real care and dedication that Antonio has brought to it. I don't think I would have gotten into the brand had it not been for the love and respect on this forum and the utter excitement that Antonio has about everything that he does in interviews.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be following your next move with great interest, Antonio! Thanks for the great ride so far, and I'm glad you'll still be around for a bit longer, as I've heard the spring line is the best it's looked and fit yet. Hoping this news doesn't put dampers on that collection being picked up.
But am excited to see the next thing you do, as well. I'm sure it'll be great—everything I love about Eidos is your creation.

everyday

Reaction score
Haha, I somehow saw this coming! Best of luck and you got my business. Including some of the amazing things posted on the previous page. My wallet can't cry more than my eye can jump in joy.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Eidos started before Antonio. Is that incorrect?

As far as I know, that is incorrect. Eidos was Antonio's brainchild.

Eidos was around before Antonio. You can find pre-Antonio Eidos jackets sometimes floating around the net. They were trimmer, shorter sport coats, made at Michelangelo, IIRC (an Isaia owned factory). TBH, wasn't anything notable. Antonio made the line into what it is today, which is a much fuller and more thought out line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads