Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. doomx

doomx Senior member

Works a bit better now. Thank you.
    http://imgur.com/a/a29Hh IMG_20170526_213457.jpg
    This is truly impressive.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Leave it unbuttoned :censored:

3. everyday

everyday Active Member

I think in “real life”, outside of these fora, people do what they want anyway - and the look damn good doing so. IF they care enough about putting energy and time into how they dress, and they love themselves wearing it, they will be perceived as looking awesome.
    I will never have Antonio's “ease”, or Moss's southern style, and I like my Jackets either way too short or way too long, but kind of like this rambling, it doesn't matter.
    If anything, this thread and Eidos' and Antonio's attitude like the one about the Dinnerjacket really helped me find my style. </ramblings>

Last edited: May 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM
  4. Queequeg

Queequeg New Member

Would Eidos Napoli ever sell a size 34 sports coat or suit? If not, any MTM options?

5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

NMWA does MTM seasonally

6. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I would love to see this.

Edit: What can be a bit disconcerting about this super conservative algorithmic dressing attitude is that it scares people away and hinders tailoring from evolving with the times. Allowing this kind of evolution is especially important when the social institutions that support certain garments, like a white dinner jacket, dissolves. If one can't wear tailored clothing in new, contemporary ways there is a risk of some styles dissapearing altogether, which would be a loss to everyone.

Last edited: May 27, 2017 at 2:49 AM
  7. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This is the exact same argument that I made.

8. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Your clothes demonstrate a deep understanding of classic menswear but also a willingness to move forward and do something more distinct, personal and interesting. It's rare to find both things in one brand. Love the direction you've gone in the last few collections.

9. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Which forum? Sounds like my type of people.

10. everyday

everyday Active Member

[QUOTE="IJReilly, post: 8873111, member: ]. Love the direction you've gone in the last few collections.[/QUOTE]

It took me about a hundred pages of new messages to this thread to understand this. I was - as a newbie to tailer clothing - in the same boat as those dogmatic people for a long time. I suspect that these forums are made up from people like me and people who will never change. In the meantime in the real world, Eidos is clearly still selling clothes, and so are other companies.

11. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

It's very easy for beginners to fall into these behaviors because so much information is derived from communities which condemn all deviations from some misguided view of what is correct. For a while I regarded my tailored clothing as something which was completely separate from the rest of my wardrobe, subject to strict rules which had to be followed. Getting dressed became way more enjoyable when I started to simply ignore these ideas, and started viewing clothes more as a form of self expression and creative outlet.

12. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

13. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

dressedwell