• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Grabbed the Bagru sweater from Meyvn. It was the one piece I was eyeing the hardest this season. Looking forward to it!

thesilentist

Reaction score
Grabbed the Bagru sweater from Meyvn. It was the one piece I was eyeing the hardest this season. Looking forward to it!

Was just in there yesterday. All the Eidos is 40% off for the holiday weekend (MEM40 online). Tried on the Agy pant and ended up picking it up. Plan on wearing it as my lounge pant at home to upgrade from sweatpants. That fabric is really comfortable. I will say it's rather hilariously huge in the waist uncinched.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm saying. One of my favorite fabrics ever and a major let down at retail. I still can't figure it out.

Where would you recommend seeing this jacket in person? Everyone is raving about it but sometimes I like to feel things to really appreciate them. I'm in NYC so I have access to many dept stores.

Thanks!

doomx

Reaction score
I just got a Lupo polo shirt since it looked like the collar works very well both on it's own and under a jacket. However, the one I received is very flat. Goes straight back and folds on the chest/shoulder instead of standing up and folding on itself. I also tried to wear it under a sportscoat and the collar was getting all bunched up and in no way resembled a shirt collar, similar to many other photos that I have seen on this forum. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use starch?!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a Lupo polo shirt since it looked like the collar works very well both on it's own and under a jacket. However, the one I received is very flat. Goes straight back and folds on the chest/shoulder instead of standing up and folding on itself. I also tried to wear it under a sportscoat and the collar was getting all bunched up and in no way resembled a shirt collar, similar to many other photos that I have seen on this forum. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use starch?!

Might help to wash it. Straight off the rack sometimes it folds weirdly or not at all.

doomx

Reaction score
Might help to wash it. Straight off the rack sometimes it folds weirdly or not at all.

I was counting on your reply, since your fits have inspired me to get one! However, the polo on me looks dramatically different.

Did it shrink after a wash?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was counting on your reply, since your fits have inspired me to get one! However, the polo on me looks dramatically different.

Did it shrink after a wash?
generally, no. I wash in cold on delicate, hang dry. and actually my white one i gently stretch in the waist bc it's slightly tight on me (my navy one fits perfectly so I don't have to do that. probably needed to size up on the white one but it's ok)

yeah so my general advice is to wash, and when you hang it, obviously hang it on a wide-shouldered hanger, but fold the collar over how it should look. it should stand on its own on the hanger and then when you try it on once it's dry, it should help you get the collar to stand up.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And with navy trousers. Greg's living dangerously here. If only Manton and Vox were still around to keep us leading a virtuous life..........

Last summer's Isaia Spring Market party. Not pictured are the vintage indigo wide leg trousers...
BFA_16775_2095647-833x555.jpg

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's this kind of attitude which makes tailoring a much more boring category than it needs to be. I love good tailoring, but the values in the community that surround it make me less enthusiastic about it than I would be otherwise.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

BOOM.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's this kind of attitude which makes tailoring a much more boring category than it needs to be. I love good tailoring, but the values in the community that surround it make me less enthusiastic about it than I would be otherwise.

There is literally an entire thread demonizing me on another forum because I said the exact same thing you just did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads