1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Keen

Keen Senior member

I went and tried the Eton x Edios collaboration yesterday. Tried on a SC in 52 which was the largest size the Stockholm store ordered. While too small, nothing suggested that the 54 would be as well.

On the other hand, I reaaaaaaaaaally want an Eidos sportscoat now. Guess I might have to take the VAT and import duties hit and order from NMWA in the future.

2. dondurian

dondurian New Member

Does anyone know where I can buy Eidos on NYC?

Thanks.

3. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Bloomingdales, Carson St. Clothiers, and NoManWalksAlone (by appointment), for a start.

4. jpo

jpo Senior member

Mod - please delete.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  5. jpo

jpo Senior member

I tried the 50 and 52 on, and I definitely think the 52 is the winner.

And below is a picture of the 52:

[​IMG]

Great jacket, I'm actually waiting for one in my size to come in stock. I've gotta say, I'd put you in the 50 my friend. From the photos, I would say the shoulders on the 52 look to be quite wide on you, and the arm is not as clean as the 50. That's my 2 pennies anyway.....Good luck!

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I agree that the arm is not as clean as it could be, but fortunately that is an easy alteration. Although the shoulders might fit a bit closer on the 50, I actually don't mind a little bit of extension. As I might have mentioned, I am a little bit hippy, and some shoulder extension makes me appear less hour glass shaped.

Also, although it is more difficult to convey in pictures, the 50 looks a lot worse in real life than it did in the picture that I posted. With a robo-pose, it did not look bad, but when I moved around, it felt like I was in a straight jacket, especially buttoned!

Thank you for your input though, I really appreciate it :).

What size are you?

7. jpo

jpo Senior member

Ahh, I see. Yes, I understand what you are going for. Gotcha one photo does not a fit make :) It is always a game of compromises. I have very long arms, so I'm always making compromises to come to something passable off the rack. I have a couple 50R Eidos summer jackets, but wanted to consider a 52R to give me a little more room for sweaters and such in the winter. The 50 fits me well with just a light shirt underneath, but I was concerned if I got a 50r for the winter it might be too snug in the body with some layering.

8. MrNestor

MrNestor Senior member

A question about slimming the sleeves @NickPollica .
    My tailor told me that it would upset the balance of the arms if he would slim them down so he basically said he wouldn't do it.
    Is that somewhat correct?

9. badsha

badsha Senior member

PM if anyone wants Bloomies coupons, may be you can try and use it for Eidos or other brands.

10. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

no that is not correct. Slimming a sleeve is a fairly standard alteration, one that I did on every jacket I ever owned before Eidos.

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

For those in Dallas, Texas, I got an email from Stanley Korshak that says @NickPollica will be doing a trunk show this Thursday, October 2nd. There will also be a Scotch tasting from 5pm until 7pm. Prob good to contact Stanley Korshak for specific details.

https://www.stanleykorshak.com/

12. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Antonio, come to Houston after Dallas. It's only 4 hours away. I'm sure there must be some store that eidos would fit in

13. NickPollica

I get into town Wednesday morning and will be at Pockets that afternoon. Quinton is coming in Thursday and we will be splitting up to service both stores. If you live in town please stop by either one. We'd love to meet you.

No can do sir. Flying back on Friday (although Q will be stay until Saturday) for my wife's birthday

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Nick, not entirely related, but can you tell from the tags whether the SC's are full, half or no canvassing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Aren't they all full canvassed?

16. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Is it from the new line? Because from what I understand if it says "Bazar" on the tag, it's fully canvassed. For reference see pic of tag in my Eidos classified in my signature. Please correct me if this is not the case, @NickPollica

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  17. NickPollica

Those are the SAND model (See where it says that on the label? That is the model code), which is the half canvassed version of the BAZAR. These were all created before I joined the company. When I started. I created all new jacket models that are fully canvassed (except the lavato which is washed and cannot be).

If you are looking at OLD Eidos product, the only model that is fully canvassed is the BAZAR. As for more recent product that is bound to start hitting the secondary market, watch out for model codes with the following words: TIPO, TENER, PRIMO, LOREN & CIRO. These will all be full canvas.

About to get on a plane to Dallas!

18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

What's this sticking out of the shoulder? Can I cut it off?

[​IMG]

19. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thank you @NickPollica. I appreciate the information. Have a safe flight.

These were Sak's SC, made by Isaia.

20. NickPollica

Just so you know, Isaia doesn't make private label for ANYONE. Any time you hear someone saying "this is made by Isaia" it is made by Michelangelo, our factory. It is a completely different facility. This is true for close to the last 10 years and includes makers from Arny's to Liverano RTW.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    2 people like this.