• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, stock was very limited - I think most styles only had 1-2 of each size - so I wouldn't expect them to last all the way to the end-of-season sale.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if I ever posted these here

Is the lapel pin different here or is it just me? Beautiful coat btw! :slayer:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you and yes. You would have to ask Nick the history of the lapel pins. This coat was picked up from the Isaia sample sale.

Just did a quick search. It's the same logo/emblem but usually it's within a circular pin.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio posted that he changed up the lapel pin when he took over eidos. I don't remember what the thought was behind it. But I like the current one more, IMO

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lunch-break public service announcement since I've been given a lot of info. Been talking to Marc Etlin at Bloomindales, NYC about Eidos's F/W drops. Here's one pic he sent me of three SCs

Here's a description from him:

"There's a beautiful light brown jacquard SC, brown leathered shearling coat with throat latch, blue with navy and burnt orange gun check, reddish brown herringbone suit, navy houndstooth overcheck SC, blue micro-tonal stripe suit, navy off-white chalk stripe peaked label, blue military style hip length soft coat, double breasted thigh length coat with belt, etc.

Most SCs are $1,295 to $1,495, suits $1,495 to $1,795, and the outerwear $895 to $2,995."

I really like the middle one, similar to a S/S version at Carson Street that @in stitches and @Monkeyface have. These are the three SCs he mentions.

Marc notes the fabric sources account for the price difference from some of the S/S offerings (e.g. a Zegna brown checked S/S SCwas 1600 or so, I think).

Finally, for those of you who can afford it, Marc notes: "The $500 off is a pre-sale offer starting September 2nd for our GQ suiting event, when you tally $2,000 in your purchase (say, a $1,495 SC and two $295 trousers) of suits, scs, dress pants, and outerwear."

He can be reached here: (212) 705-2231 or in the email in a previous thread.

On my end: I've found him to be really pleasant to deal with and very helpful. If you buy, please put some better quality pics here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see I was tagged. Ill say I am very happy with my SC, and that the Tipo cut is pretty slim, probably not the best cut for us Husky fellas.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that pin.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, @TweedyProf. I plan on visiting Bloomies NYC this Saturday to see the Eidos items in person (and hopefully remember to take some pictures). I second the endorsement of Marc. He is very responsive, and happy to get the additional business from out-of-towners.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
figured those were going to get deleted.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
figured those were going to get deleted.
Yeah. I just PM'd him asking if he'd like to be an affiliate. It's an interesting store, and we'd be happy to have them - they seem helpful and knowledgeable, but it's unfair to our affiliate vendors, especially those who stock Eidos (No Man Walks Alone and Carson Street Clothiers) to allow a non-affiliate vendor to post commercial posts on the forum.

Hopefully, he'll email me. Would be great to have them.

Cheers,

Fok.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing Fok. Cross our fingers especially since he's local to me. Which is very nice. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads