• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Lavato sounds interesting. I've always wanted a longer LBM 1911 type jacket.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was another model that I recently got to wear for a day. No clue what it was called. You can find references in old pics on Antonio's IG. The one I tried was a DB and belted. Had belt loops at the back side seams.

Pic without the belt. It had a "sprezzhook" inside to let you do the Pitti look of the folded right lapel thing haha.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was another model that I recently got to wear for a day. No clue what it was called. You can find references in old pics on Antonio's IG. The one I tried was a DB and belted. Had belt loops at the back side seams.

Pic without the belt. It had a "sprezzhook" inside to let you do the Pitti look of the folded right lapel thing haha.

Hubba hubba, nice jacket. Where did you try that beauty, and was there a 50r/40r available?
:)

freedom_fries

Reaction score
so nobody has responded to my super well-researched question about how bloomingdales compares to random other shop... j/k, so after reading through all these fits i still can't figure out which one is this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEv3NAHvTeY/ or slideshow: http://www.trunkclothiers.com/journal/index.php/eidos-napoli-ss16-at-trunk

as i recently procured this suit on a whim and it fit so well i immediately ordered one of those bloomingdales ones (for a frankly ridiculously low price after the site allowed me to double-up on codes) and an ulster overcoat, neither of which i will see until my next stateside visit in a couple months. hopefully the fit is close, particularly in the shoulder.

on another note, what are people doing about the buttons? the only people in my area who can do buttonholes are bespoke tailors and i've only found one who is willing to do it, but only a few months from now..

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so nobody has responded to my super well-researched question about how bloomingdales compares to random other shop... j/k, so after reading through all these fits i still can't figure out which one is this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEv3NAHvTeY/ or slideshow: http://www.trunkclothiers.com/journal/index.php/eidos-napoli-ss16-at-trunk

as i recently procured this suit on a whim and it fit so well i immediately ordered one of those bloomingdales ones (for a frankly ridiculously low price after the site allowed me to double-up on codes) and an ulster overcoat, neither of which i will see until my next stateside visit in a couple months. hopefully the fit is close, particularly in the shoulder.

on another note, what are people doing about the buttons? the only people in my area who can do buttonholes are bespoke tailors and i've only found one who is willing to do it, but only a few months from now..

what do you mean? Bloomingdales used to carry Tipo (3 roll to 2), now it's all Balthazar (2 button and shorter and slightly narrower lapel), pretty sure everything you see online in Bloomingdales are all Balthazar, though sometimes you can still find Tipo in store (in some discount rack). For buttons, easy, non-working..., I never find much usefulness with working button, the only time I bother with working button is bespoke... or if it's a no charge option for MtM (doesn't happen these days or I don't think)

freedom_fries

Reaction score
sorry, i meant which fit is the trunk suit. i did manage to figure out that the bloomingdales is balthazar...

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sorry, i meant which fit is the trunk suit. i did manage to figure out that the bloomingdales is balthazar...
Trunk carries Tenero (they also have Augusto, but that is a completely unstructured shirt-jacket style; I'd be amazed if that was made into a suit)

diokanye

Reaction score

@NickPollica I'd love to hear your side of the story of this look. Brian Cook might have been the first to do it, but Victor DeLeon (of Cucinelli, dont know if you know him) says that Cookie got it from him after he saw it on a window mannequin in Firenze.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice loafers.

Details please? Thanks.

Last edited:

bjorgensenfjord

Reaction score
I'm looking for a navy Fresco jacket in a 40r. Is this the appropriate place for this? If so, does anyone have a link to one or just have one period?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads