• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ferdsje What size do you generally take in other brands we may be familiar with on the SF boards? See my response below too.

Agree with teddieriley here. For reference, below is a picture of me wearing the cardigan (posted last October). It's a size M, stretched a little bit. I'm size M / 40R in most Eidos clothing, including Lupos and sweaters, a little smaller than teddieriley, so I do get some overlap (which I want). Whatever size you decide is best, just make sure you get the Thompson Cardigan - it is a lot of fun to wear :)
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1904099/width/350/height/700[

I have this cardigan and would take a pic for further reference, but it's stored in a bin until the cold weather breaks. Contrary to what others are saying about sizing knits, I actually find the knits to fit on the slimmer side, not the larger side so goes to show you how we each perceive/experience clothing differently. I just personally hate my knits fitting too slim and feel they should have a bit more room/slouch for layering, etc.

I am a 39/40 in Eidos shirts, L in the Lupos (which are cut very slim), 40 in the suits/sports coats, M in the casual tops, and I'm a medium in the knits that I have owned so far. I have the cardigan in a size medium and I can get some overlap when closed, but barely. I'm sure it will stretch more with wear.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just went on Barney's site and it wasn't there.

RE: The wool drawstring pants that were discussed a few pages ago. I noticed that they went up for pre-order on the Barney's website sometime over or just before the weekend: http://www.barneys.com/product/eidos-boucl-c3-a9-wool-drawstring-pants-504706717.html

I placed my order for the 34s. Fingers crossed it will go through and then that they'll fit. Pants anticipated to be received by Barney's in October. The wait will suck, but they look killer so I couldn't resists.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I saw those and wanted to grab them, but my size (36) was already sold out.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RE: The wool drawstring pants that were discussed a few pages ago. I noticed that they went up for pre-order on the Barney's website sometime over or just before the weekend: http://www.barneys.com/product/eidos-boucl-c3-a9-wool-drawstring-pants-504706717.html

I placed my order for the 34s. Fingers crossed it will go through and then that they'll fit. Pants anticipated to be received by Barney's in October. The wait will suck, but they look killer so I couldn't resists.

Preordered size 32.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a heads up - these pants should be in before Oct. and they will also be available in more sizes in store in Barney's uptown NY, Barney's Boston and Barney's Chicago. All stores will take phone orders.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, can't wait for these..

Last edited:

Cityplace

Reaction score
How do you guys plan to clean the Ajrak?

Would it be for dry cleaners only I assume?

ssb123

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum but I was hoping someone could help. I really like the Lupo shirt by Eidos and was wondering where I can buy them from? I live in London but happy to order online...where ever they maybe based.

Thanks in advance!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you guys plan to clean the Ajrak? 

Would it be for dry cleaners only I assume? 

I plan to take a dip in a highly chlorinated pool while wearin the Ajrak cardigan to clean...

Or not. I'll probably hand wash with a gentle shampoo and lay flat to dry. I believe the care instructions inside the sweater indicate machine washing (although I'm not fluent in clothes cleaning symbols yet). If I go the machine washer route, I'd try the gentlest setting with a mild detergent.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Working from home this week. Lounge mode engaged.

P.S. - I wore it while making eggs this morning and all was right with the world.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up in Grand Rapids visiting my college buddy, who gave me the grand tour of AK Rikks. They've had some drops for fall which was cool to see. More to come presumably.

Anyway gave the cashmere robe of glory a try on. Pretty great if you could afford it and justify the price :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads