1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. King Calder

King Calder Senior member

2. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

I'm a 52 as well and got a Large in the Matera. Outstanding coat, but has a noticeably fuller fit than the Field Jacket (I have both in the same material). Fullness probably lends to the comfort and functionality of the jacket I think.

3. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The pattern has been revised substantially for next fall and I can say with confidence that it is now my favorite thing I've ever designed.
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. Moirne

Moirne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Indigo cotton shirt from S/S 17, one wash down.
    Photos don't do the fabric justice at all.

Don't sleep on it. (Marcus & the U.K. Mr.P site both have it in stock)

1 person likes this.
  5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Nice. So what is your experience with the revised fit compared to this past season's which ran large. I had to go with a small this past FW season down from my typical medium in brands. I assume I'd be back to a medium this season based on Antonio's recent updates/commentary on shirt sizing?

6. Moirne

Moirne Well-Known Member

I took a large based on measurements at Mr. Porter, and those were fairly accurate for me. I did take out the darts in the back, though - I'm not V-shaped so much as just a tube.

F/W 16, I don't have any woven shirts, but the large in the indigo stripe wide neck fits me well, so it lines up with my preferred fit.

I'm 6'3" and somewhere in the 180 lbs range, usually 40-42 in Eidos suit jackets depending on cut, for reference.

7. YseanY

YseanY Senior member

8. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

So....I should wait until next year

2 people like this.
  9. Irish

Irish Senior member

What's with the "substantial" redesigns that are then the best things ever? Don't get me wrong, I love your line and I wear the hell out of everything I own. But it just seems a little disingenuous, to push something hard one season -- say, the older Ragosta or this year's Matera -- and then say you totally redesigned it and now it's great. (Or maybe I'm just salty that I bought the '16 Matera and will miss out on the update.)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    4 people like this.
  10. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I'm curious what was updated? Like you I thought this past season's was darn near perfect.

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

well, I prefer progress over no progress, though my guess is it's going to fit some people better and some might still miss the old fit

12. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

Antonio is the designer and has a greater sense of propriety than a curator like NMWA or Marcus. The Epaulet people do this as well (just search for how many "bonkers" fabrics there are in that thread). I don't have a big problem with it, but in a public forum it's easy for people to interpret what I believe is his sense of personal growth with shilling for his brand.

13. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

I have the same feeling. Quoting Jason Carter (of Henry Carter ties), "When you work for, or run a company and promote that company that's just called doing your job, not being a shill."

14. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I don't think the conversation is about Antonio being a shill...he works for Eidos so that's precisely his job. But I can see how someone would be bitter if they recently shelled out $1000 for a jacket only to be told next season's is better in every way.

1 person likes this.
  15. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

My comments about the updated Matera aren't meant to be a slight on the previous iteration (which I own, love and have worn to death), or anything else we've offered in the past. Its my job to try and make our product better each season. Often this means updating existing silhouettes based on new textile and trim developments, customer feedback, my own continuous wear testing, etc. In this particular instance, we received some specific feedback that coincided with my own observations after wearing the Matera basically every day for 3 months. Most notably, the forearm was a bit tight. This isn't too noticeable if you are wearing it with woven shirts or tees but is more obvious if you are trying to layer for colder days. Secondly, the shape and placement of the chest pockets in relation to the size of the placket could to be revisited. We altered both these things along with a handful of other minor changes (changed the sleeve adjuster from a button through closure to a hidden snap, added a heavier gauge zipper to the hood pocket on the collar) that I think have really improved the overall silhouette. Again, I don't think this makes the first iteration bad. Its just the nature of how I work to constantly try to make our product more impressive each time you see it.

I understand this completely, but I am always going to try and give you guys a better version of what you saw last season - that is my job!

13 people like this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

^ I know... I feel bad every time I get a car. The newer year is always better...

1 person likes this.
  17. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Is there a word for the feeling you get when you buy a new computer and then a few months later they release a slightly improved model?

The Germans must have a word for this.

18. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Sounds like a buy for me then, though I do have something from RLBL a few season back that serve same purpose, maybe I should just admit I like it and buy more outwear...

19. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

The Matera has been my most worn piece of outerwear this winter serving me well in SF, NY, DC, Florence, etc. It really handles a range of temps really well.

If it comes in anything besides navy next winter, I would gladly pick up another one.

2 people like this.
  20. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

Agree

I also wear it for travel, over a suit, or over just a shirt and jeans