1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Keen

Keen Senior member

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

You're a brave and generous man. I proxied in July and found it a lot more work than I had anticipated. Lots of digging, curating, and messaging back and forth. Unless the person for whom you are proxying puts total trust in your taste.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Picked up my first Eidos suit at the NYC sample sale

What do I do with this blue pin?

4. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

Sell it on Ebay for some iGent cash to subsidize your next Eidos purchase

1 person likes this.
  5. Mariokartfever

Seriously though does anyone leave the pin in?

I could see it working for outwear but it seems tacky on a suit I will wear to work.

6. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

2 people like this.
  7. FLW

FLW Senior member

QFT

Listened to it last night. Anthony and Jeremy did a fantastic job putting that together.

8. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It was designed to not look like a logo - the thought was to make something remsembling a vintage turquiose rosette that you would wear in lieu of a flower if you liked that sort of thing. That said, the best part of it as a branding tool is that it can be removed without a seam ripper. I don't wear it anymore and actually thought about killing it all together but too many people tell me they really like it so I figured ai would leave it.

What drives me crazy is Isaia's insistence on putting it on all our outerwear styles (despite me telling them that it should not be on anything other than tailoring). I wouldn't recommend wearing a carnation in the buttonhole of a field jacket, so why would you wear this?

3 people like this.
  9. robw

robw Senior member

Sell it to someone who has less taste than you.

1 person likes this.
  10. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

This is interesting. When you say they insist on it, do you mean that they try to exert creative control, or is it more just a friendly suggestion by them?

11. FLW

FLW Senior member

I think that you accomplished your original vision. I really like the Eidos pin in and of itself. I've actually never worn mine with an Eidos piece but I have worn it with other tailored jackets, just as an accent. The color is great, the pit itself is discreet, and the logo doubles as an homage to Greek mythology.

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I like the pin in both the tailoring and outerwear. It's distinctive for Eidos, and I think a nice touch. My suggestion, for what's it's worth, is leave it in, and leave it up to the customer to collect them in a drawer or leave it in and wear it. Sometimes it's a good conversation starter - people have asked what the pin is about, and I don't mind telling them.

1 person likes this.
  13. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's less of a concious "we disagree with you" thing and more of a "we have more important things to worry about than make sure this gets changed" attitude. Unfortunately, this attitude is more common in Naples than I'd like.

14. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Completely agree. Sounds strange but the distinctive turquoise pin was a small but significant selling point for me if that makes any sense..

15. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I would leave it in. It helps the customer recognize an eidos garment on a mannequin and on the rack easily. That said, I would never wear it.

16. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

:hide:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  17. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Unless the company is going to pay you to advertise the brand, don't wear the pin.

2 people like this.
  18. Mariokartfever

Thanks for the replies all, I think I'm going to leave it in.

FWIW I think the pin looks great on Eidos stuff in the store, so please leave it in!

19. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Have you never worn a Ralph Lauren shirt?

There is no reason to have such strong negative feelings towards something that is completely optional. 99.9% of people you encounter will have no idea what Eidos is anyway.

1 person likes this.
  20. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Also definitely remove the Jaguar from your car's hood if you drive one—that is, unless you're being paid to.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    6 people like this.