1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Even better!!

2. WSJ1

WSJ1 Senior member

@NickPollica The belted Ulster is the best thing ever. Great job on the styling!

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

^^

Looks freaking insane!

4. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice. Looks like you went for the Bloomingdales one, not the Mr. Porter one, right? Mine came in right before I left for Naples (though I got the Mr. Porter fabric). Here my own quick and dirty snap. I cannot wait to wear it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. WSJ1

WSJ1 Senior member

That looks fantastic. Wish I could have gotten the tweed from Mr. Porter, but I'm really happy with the one I have. Going to get a lot of wear this winter.

6. WSJ1

WSJ1 Senior member

Edit: Double post.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  7. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I just received the beige flannel/twill Lorenzo pants from Marcus. Wow, these are nice! Love the fabric. Unfortunately they don't fit me...at all - they're huge around the waist and seat and super tight in the calf and leg opening, so they'll be going back.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Are they like a carrot fit? What size? What is the taper like? PM me if you'd like

9. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

I'm a pretty reliable 48 and these are 48. I suspect it's not a width issue but something to do with pitch. Either way they are unfortunately pulling and bunching in few different places!

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Had the same issue with the Sal trousers, not to mention the frog-mouth effect of the pockets. The non-tailored stuff has been a lot more forgiving for me (and why I own a bunch of it).

11. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Just an FYI for those in the US buying from Marcus malmborg. I've bee hit w about 17-20% on customs for suits and sport coats 2 out of 2. You may want to factor that in

Edit: this is by no means a smear on him. The service has been outstanding and personal. I suppose it's just maybe a word of caution to use local courier instead of FedEx.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

You can ask Marcus to send it with local mail courier and it will be handled by USPS.

13. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Thank you! I wish I knew it advance haha now I'm out $450.

1 person likes this.
  14. NickPollica

Hi all - just so you are all aware - this is why Marcus is priced substantially below all American online retailers. Tax and duty to land the goods in the US are not included in his pricing, where as they have already been factored into say, NMWA or Unionmade's final cost. See below from his FAQ section:

[​IMG]

15. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

edit: not worth it

16. NickPollica

Depends on what you are buying and why. In general, I wouldn't recommend buying anything from any international store that you aren't sure about as shipping/restocking will always be more expensive than domestic options. That said, there are no duties at all for orders under $800 so on less expensive items Marcus is far and away the most affordable choice for Eidos. Further for suits and sport coats, the additional duty/tax that is charged ends up making all the more expensive items cost the same as American retailers, not more.

1 person likes this.
  17. NickPollica

Prepping for a Japanese magasine shoot last night about 4 different ways to wesr my favorite outerwear piece. I went with the matera and had a bit of fun so I thought I'd share here for people looking for ideas on how to wear theirs. These would obviously work for ragostas as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    7 people like this.
  18. LibertyStreet

LibertyStreet New Member

Is that an Eidos Cowichan in the third shot? Gorgeous.

19. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I'm going to regret not buying the donegal rollneck for some time into the future, I anticipate.

20. NickPollica

Its actually a size L j.crew womens sweater from last fall!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    2 people like this.