1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. forsan

forsan Senior member

2. soaped

soaped Senior member

My small is tagged 48.

3. forsan

forsan Senior member

Ah, bummer. I need a 48. I guess this is another excuse to go look at NMWA's ragosta pre-orders...

4. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

In Eidos, S=48, M=50, L=52 etc.

5. hens

hens Active Member

How is Eidos sizing compared to say suit supply? We don't have any stockists locally and I'm considering pulling the trigger online.

6. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

For reference I take a size up in Eidos when compared to SuitSupply. My SS suits are a 42R whereas my Eidos tailoring is all 44/54R.

7. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I agree with this, though heads up that most of Eidos tailoring is longer from what I've experienced.

8. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

great suit!

not sure about the lupo with it…

9. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Yeah I think you're not alone. Didn't seem very well received. Overall, I like it, but who knows... Give me two weeks and I may look back and :facepalm:

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

haha—i'd say the color is one thing that keeps them from working, but i also think they're two conflicting styles. the shirt is a carefree southern italian holiday shirt, and the suit is a kick butt and take names suit. whenever i find the lupo working with tailoring it's usually a sportcoat and it's usually in a casual fabric and the cut is usually the tenero. to speak nothing of colors.

11. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I definitely see what you're saying. Lupo and tenero fit well together in my mind, too. Sadly, the tenero doesn't fit me.

These two items definitely have a different ambiance to them. Thanks again, M. Much appreciated feedback as always.

12. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

wigglr - at the outset, I like the outfit you posted today in the NMWA thread. It is fantastic.

With that said, not a big fan of this ensemble (although I dig each piece individually). In my opinion, there are two perceivable flaws. First, the color of the shirt. In theory it should work, but I am not a big fan. I do like low contrast looks, but I think I would prefer if the shirt were white. Or a light sky blue. Second, as Moss noted, there is a disconnect between the suit and the shirt. Maybe it is the fabric, maybe it is the lapels - but there is just too much "novelty" going on to my eye. I think that suit is probably best when you tone down everything else.

A final note - the fit of both items is very nice. Which in my opinion, is the real battle.

13. NickPollica

I appreciate the effort here and actually think the colors work quite well together. That said, the thing that threw me when I saw that photo was the buttoned placket. Fastening that button creates an awkward kink in the placket like and makes the shirt collar look too small for the jacket lapels. Unbuttoning the placket would create a longer line that echos the deep V of the jacket closure, yielding a much more balanced overall effect.

I cannot say this enough: The lupo's placket should never, ever, ever be buttoned. Ever. Think of it as the top button on a 3/2 roll jacket. It is there for decoration only.

2 people like this.
  14. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Thanks all for your feedback. To be honest, I agree with almost all that was said. However, I actually like the colors. As I mentioned on IG, tho, the PS and lupo have a very spring/summer vibe to them, and with the flannel, is a little discordant (in addition to it already been discordant (suit and lupo)).

Double discordant ahaha

Also, Nick, thanks for the feedback about the lupo. Now I know not to make that mistake. I'd never want to button bottom button of my jacket.

15. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@NickPollica - does anyone other than Marcus stock the Ragosta in brown wool/cashmere?

16. NickPollica

Not that I recall.

17. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

@NickPollica

I see saks has started adding their F/W merchandise. Just wondering if there's a difference between their hopsack blazer and the one offered at Bloomie's to account for the huge price discrepancy?

18. NickPollica

Same exact fabric and construction, just two different models. I have no idea why they are priced differently.

19. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Tried on the black field jacket in a size 50 at Barneys in Chicago. It's awesome.
    [​IMG]

20. NickPollica

Its actually midnight navy!