1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

Thanks @tonio028 for the heads up and also thanks @NickPollica, as always. Gonna contact Dustin, that augus must be mine....

2. MrNestor

MrNestor Senior member

Thanks again for the advice.

I just noticed that I will probably get an additional 150 dollars in duties and customs if I get it from Bloomies...
    Don't think I'm ready for that.
    Was planning on visiting Marcus in 2 weeks, I guess I'll have to get something else then =)

3. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

XPost from WIWT Thread

Eidos Suit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Looks great @wigglr - is the fabric flannel? I notice it is listed as a flannel on MM and twill on NMWA

5. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Flannel Twill? Haha.

It's definitely got that faint muted stripe of a twill, but the feel of a flannel. Do I make sense or sound like an idiot.. hmm

6. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Flannel and twill are not mutually exclusive. It is a twill flannel.

7. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

8. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Member

I'm not exactly slim, but for what it's worth, I tried on both XL and XXL at Marcus's today and while the XL for sure ran a little bigger, I'd say the difference in size is more noticeable in sleeve length more than anything else. Didn't measure in any way, but I'd estimate there's a 4-6 inch difference in body size/width between the two and not a huge difference in length. And personally I'd say this one hardly suffers from wearing a little big, quite the opposite. If you can't find it in M, I'd give L a go if you come by it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Anyone who has experience with the Aron Mockneck Sweater (@mossrockss / @eighttrees / @NickPollica ), could you give an idea of sizing? I am a 40 in Eidos dress shirts, typically a medium in the casual tees, medium in the knits from last few seasons for a slimmer fit, 50 in Eidos suiting ((I'm about 5'8", 160-165 lbs). I'm wondering if I'd be a medium or large in this one. I wouldn't mind if it fit a bit on the slouchy side without it looking sloppy.

I appreciate any advice :satisfied:

10. NickPollica

Stopped by Barney's 59th St. to check out the new drops yesterday. I forgot how much great, exclusive product they picked up. There's a good bit of it online but much more in store. I am going back tomorrow and will take some photos to show you all.

For those of you who lament the lack of availability of our dress shirts and ties, you'll be happy to know that Barney's has a wide assortment now (only partially online). The fabrics they bought this season really have to be seen IRL to be appreciated but they some of the best textiles I've ever developed, namely this Grandi & Rubinelli striped end on end and a cotton/silk I discussed in the wide stripe a few pages back but in a solid white.
    [​IMG]

We also did some beautiful exclusive printed neckwear with Mantero, who prints for Rubinacci and Kiton.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are mostly CBD-approved printed neats although we did a handful of woven stripes and grenadines as well.

One last thing worth noting were these awesome raw edge indigo pocket squares, woven like denim with two different colors of indigo yarn. I've loved wearing them with my more casual kits but I think they can easily be dressed up by turning the fringe inward.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    4 people like this.
  11. NickPollica

This guy runs pretty TTS. I'd say M for a close to body fit, L for a slouchier effect (that I doubt will be too sloppy).

12. eighttrees

eighttrees Member

I'm 6'3" and about 190 lbs, and large was the goldilocks size for me - not tight, not slouchy.

13. jpo

jpo Senior member

Grazie, Antonio. I remember the posts about the button stance mess, so that explains it. Yea my tailor does button holes, so that wouldn't be a problem. Trying to decide on 1 Agusto: I want like the most casual to go more non-tailored in my rotation. So far in 52 my options are: the grey burgundy above that Q is wearing (totally gorgeous) and the navy light check at Unionmade and the navy pinstripes cotton at Barneys and By George. Thoughts on which can be worn in the most casual, non-tailored way?

14. NickPollica

The MOST casual one is the Indigo cotton with the discharge printed backside from Supply & Advise.

[​IMG]

Another good one you may not be thinking about is the stone flannel from Mr. Porter (who has the navy basketweave the Unionmade has).

[​IMG]

15. Irish

Irish Senior member

@NickPollica -- Did you change the chest pockets on this season's field jacket to make them less pronounced? Looking at NMWA's, the pockets seem less bulky than some pics I've seen of past seasons' FJs. I'm wondering if it's just the pics or if you tweaked the design a little but.

16. NickPollica

Sort of. We pressed the rewind button and changed them back to how they were the very first season we developed the jacket. When we switched production of the coat from Michelangelo to our outerwear factory in Naples the pattern - and pocket shape - was distorted dramatically. This is the first season where the jackets look right again.

17. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

Are there any stores that carries that ulster that NMWA has in a 44? Measurements on NMWA looks huge for a 46 so I'm assuming you have to size down.

18. NickPollica

No - the ulster is an exclusive model to NMWA now. I disagree with Greg on the call out that people should size down here. Its a classically styled coat - that is full but round and really shapely. It will probably feel bigger than what you are used to but the cut will still be flattering.

1 person likes this.
  19. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I think it depends on if you want to layer or not

20. NickPollica

Size 50 (my normal size these days) and I am wearing a tee shirt under it.
    [​IMG]

The measurements make it look full but the coat is so shapely that it doesn't matter.

2 people like this.