1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think that the strength of the collection is that by focusing on simple, interesting design it can be taken both ways. There isn't a single piece here that I would consider streetwear. It's all in how you put it together.

5 people like this.
  2. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Well-Known Member

Love the "loose" (unfinished? non-cinched? rolled? not sure what the word is here) bottom hem on the aran mock turtleneck, great detail that totally changes how it can be worn

3. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Are the buttons on the Gentry Courtier black or a dark brown?

@NickPollica

Edit: Or Blue?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  4. NickPollica

Are the buttons on the Gentry Courtier black or a dark brown?

@NickPollica

Edit: Or Blue?[/quote

I developed a stonewashed black corozo button this season for the dark grounded shirts. It has a matte finish with undertones of the natural nut color - an amazing depth of color. I normally hate the idea of black buttons, particularly because they are usually very shiny and severe, but this one is great because it essentially goes away and doesn't distract from the textiles.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Thanks! Those sound awesome.

6. Irish

Irish Senior member

Keep trying to get an answer on this -- who still sells Eidos 54L? Anyone?

7. NickPollica

I believe Bloomingdales and NMWA are the only stores that offer variant sizing.

8. NickPollica

For those of you that are sick of all the low rise, tight pants that have flooded the market in the last 10 years, you'll be happy to know that our two higher rise, full leg chino models just hit Mr. Porter. They can both be seen in the editorial I did for their site last week here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wear some version the stone Nonno chino like 5 days a week but the Ambro belted pant in sage corded cotton pant is my favorite silhouette for the season. Funny story with how these came to be - I was visiting Salvatore Ambrosi's old workspace in Naples whe he showed me these old French motorcycle pants he'd bought in Japan. He gave them to me and told me he'd give me 1000 euro if I could find someone in Italy to replicate them as their details - particularly their belt and waistband construction - were too complex and required too much handwork. We refined them for everyday use but maintained the key details that made them special.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    8 people like this.
  9. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Did Mr. Ambrosi pay you the 1000 euros? ;)

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Hey y'all I'm maybe considering selling my gun club sportcoat from last FW (from NMWA). Any 52's who may be interested PM me and if we can get a win win scenario on the price then, well, awesome. Haha.

P.S. ^japanese gambling pants look cool^

11. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

He offered a pair of bespoke pents Antonio would get in about a year (or never).

12. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I can vouch for the never. Especially after taking a deposit and my cloth. F'n criminal.

13. GheeButtersnaps

GheeButtersnaps Active Member

Can personally vouch for the Beige textured cashmere sweater seen on the Mr.Porter article.

I wore it for the first time today and it's beautiful. Soft, comfortable, and super warm.

14. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

52r, right?

1 person likes this.
  15. leschnitzel

leschnitzel Member

16. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Yessir

17. NickPollica

Depends on how you want your pants look. This is a relaxed chino. It is supposed to be full, a little bit loose, comfortable. I would not recommend sizing down. The waist is cut with a bit of room so you can alter down if you like a tight waist but I would recommend your actual size.

18. emynd

emynd Member

19. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

@NickPollica those pants looking great!! . Also, are any EU retailers carring the matera field jacket? Looks gorgeous

20. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Happy to report that the Matera is amazing. Incredible fabric and the perfect weight for west coast winters. It's 90 today so I was sweating just looking at it. Here's a craptastic photo. Sized down for a good fit over a shirt.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.