• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

See gdl's comment about the two fits in the Noodle's thread. Short of it: if the Tipo works for you, then don't wait for the Lorenzo or equivalent cut. They are going to be very different (the latter will be drapier, lower gorge, wider lapels...or so I understand).

@NickPollica
: what's the measurement on a 38/48 for the chest in the Tipo?

The lorenzo is definitely NOT drapier than the tipo. The lorenzo is actually narrower through the half waist (52cm on an eu50 as opposed to 53cm on the Tipo). That said, the shoulder expression is softer and slightly more extended with much rounder lines throughout.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Nick. You've worn both obviously...any chance you have a pic of both that can be posted side by side? I think I've seen you in a brown donegal that had wider lapels and lower gorge than the Tipo, probably taken at Pitti.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the information Nick. You've worn both obviously...any chance you have a pic of both that can be posted side by side? I think I've seen you in a brown donegal that had wider lapels and lower gorge than the Tipo, probably taken at Pitti.

Brown Tweed looks awesome. What is the weight on that Nick?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lorenzo is definitely NOT drapier than the tipo. The lorenzo is actually narrower through the half waist (52cm on an eu50 as opposed to 53cm on the Tipo). That said, the shoulder expression is softer and slightly more extended with much rounder lines throughout.

Interesting take. Isn't Lorenzo roomier in the chest than Tipo? I found the chest to swell more on the former than the latter. Hence my comment on drape vs lean chest.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to distract from the sales alerts for a minute but here are a few (pretty bad) shots of the Lorenzo cut on me. I tried to show the chest swell on some pics but it's not easy to capture without a 3D view of things. Maybe that helps you guys understand what this cut looks like.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Sorry to distract from the sales alerts for a minute but here are a few (pretty bad) shots of the Lorenzo cut on me. I tried to show the chest swell on some pics but it's not easy to capture without a 3D view of things. Maybe that helps you guys understand what this cut looks like.
That looks pretty fantastic when worn unbuttoned. Not a fan of it buttoned (strikes me as a bit too "morning formal" silhouette), but luckily I almost never wear my jackets buttoned. Can't wait to see the fabrics and configurations for Fall, Greg.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Some good news for Torontonians!

I e-mailed GotStyle this morning asking when the Eidos fw14 collection would be in, and what they would stock. They replied saying it should all be in in 2-3 weeks or so and they "will be carrying the complete collection of Edios, including suits, sportcoats, dress shirts, neckwear and sportswear."

They also mentioned that Antonio would be coming to the store sometime in fall to do a trunk show. Very cool!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

That makes two of us

Well Greg, when you're chiseled from marble like you and me, you can get away with the rounder silhouette of an open jacket. Have to give the other guys a chance, after all.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mwink[1].gif

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I need Justin's credit card info....it obviously doesn't have a limit.

Greg, I hope the sizing of those work for me because I will be ordering one if they do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads