• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

n2pua

Reaction score

I jumped on this fact last week, got both navy and charcoal (hey why not?) should be here tomorrow. Interested to see the cut - Tipo with true 3r2 lapel. Wider than the Balthazar, prob less prominent than the NMWA cut.

I planned to write something in more detail about this in the future, but let it be said for now, that I am a devoted supporter of the Tipo (and hope others make their appreciation for it known as well).

daddyblitz

Reaction score

That is the classic navy window wool flannel from vitale barberis canonico. Its one same same fabric card as the gray "agnelli" flannel that everyone knows and loves. Whats funny is that its actually sold really well in stores. I think the large size offering has more to do with how poorly it is styled in the photo than its versatility because that fabric is incredibly easy to casualize. The jacket looks great with a cashmere crewneck, tee shirt and jeans. The suit looks great with a turtleneck. At that price (which is bananas), I would think of it more as a sport jacket that comes with a free matching pair of pants that you can wear if you feel so inclined.

Ty,the fact that you say it can be worn as a sport coat alone just makes it even a better deal and really makes me want to purchase it.

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Ive never seen it lower than $400+ online ,do bloomies stores have lower prices?

daddyblitz

Reaction score

Its navy with a natural deco. Do you really think I would sell a store a purple windowpane suit?

Its a balthazar.

I actually saw this in the store in per person from a distance about 2 months ago,but was on my was out, and it does not look as shinny as in the picture, if anything, the pattern seemed more grayish than white,therefore they were not as loud,n it was Navy.

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Anyone care to pass the link for different fits,i only own the Tipo,tried a Balthazar last week,seem a bit tight, maybe i just gained weight, also has anyone used the in house tailor at bloomies,if so care to share thoughts?

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get the 25% off, who wouldn't, but mainly I'm ready for bloomies to get their ss stuff. Marc said the 25% off applies to new arrivals only, and they don't have casual new arrivals, yet. Holding out hope for that pajama-ish shirt I posted a page back, whether it's on sale or not.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
get on the 25 off now because I just called bloomingdales and we are stopping that immediately.

no one bought the pajama shirt.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So beautiful...

Strongly considering selling these however, as some recent unexpected repair bills came up. If anyone is interested PM me. They are size 11US. First pic is with comparison to my snuff suede meermin chukkas.

Last edited:

hrv123

Reaction score
I was referring to the posts about the Eidos sale at Bloomies and I was under the impression that Bloomies exclusively carries the Balthasar cut. Don't like the cut at all...

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

get on the 25 off now because I just called bloomingdales and we are stopping that immediately.

no one bought the pajama shirt.

Thanks. That's disappointing. What's your favorite shirt from this season, if you have one?

Last summer's Dickie was awesome. I thought the pajama shirt would be my version of that this year, but oh well.

Antonio, would you be offended if I asked luxire to try to copy the pajama shirt based on the picture? Normally, I think that's pretty out of line, but if no one picked it up, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads