1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

At least 6 lol

2. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

all of them

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    3 people like this.
  3. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

MP3 has some awesome drops according to their SA Robert Elder (he is in FB)

I hope to visit next Sunday. If I do I'll get better pics for y'all!

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Even though it's marked M, it's cut bigger so there's definitely enough slouch, even for a 44 I'd say.

5. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It won't but it definitely would have fit you.

6. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

The supplier took enough hours off your life, eh? I had misgivings because some of the folks wearing them seem to have a 3ish inch gap in the front...perhaps I am waiting for the double breasted Arjak

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

3" gap can defiantly be eliminated for me. There's enough room but I prefer that look.

8. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

Guys, anyone that haves the navy Aran belted cardigan have measures? Trying to decide between s or m, but not really sure about the size. I'm worried about the large of the cardigan, Eidos pieces are usually too large for me

9. NickPollica

You know I am going to like this...

[​IMG]

I always appreciate a good reference.

1 person likes this.
  10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

It's not really a piece that can be measured easily given its open and belted style. I'm a jacket size 42, and while I'm generally a large in various sportswear, in Eidos knitwear (which I also find big), I'm a M. I took a M in the Aran for a fitted look in the shoulders and chest, so the fronts don't really stay overlapped. I could have done large, but it would have looked slouchier than I wanted. If you're a 40, the M may be in the range and work for you as well, with a bit of slouch. If you're a 38, I'd say take the S.

Alternatively, order two sizes then return the one that doesn't work. It's worth the return shipping to make sure you get the size you want, assuming it's not cost prohibitive.

11. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Agree with teddieriley here. For reference, below is a picture of me wearing the cardigan (posted last October). It's a size M, stretched a little bit. I'm size M / 40R in most Eidos clothing, including Lupos and sweaters, a little smaller than teddieriley, so I do get some overlap (which I want). Whatever size you decide is best, just make sure you get the Thompson Cardigan - it is a lot of fun to wear :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

@ferdsje What size do you generally take in other brands we may be familiar with on the SF boards? See my response below too.

I have this cardigan and would take a pic for further reference, but it's stored in a bin until the cold weather breaks. Contrary to what others are saying about sizing knits, I actually find the knits to fit on the slimmer side, not the larger side so goes to show you how we each perceive/experience clothing differently. I just personally hate my knits fitting too slim and feel they should have a bit more room/slouch for layering, etc.

I am a 39/40 in Eidos shirts, L in the Lupos (which are cut very slim), 40 in the suits/sports coats, M in the casual tops, and I'm a medium in the knits that I have owned so far. I have the cardigan in a size medium and I can get some overlap when closed, but barely. I'm sure it will stretch more with wear.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

RE: The wool drawstring pants that were discussed a few pages ago. I noticed that they went up for pre-order on the Barney's website sometime over or just before the weekend: http://www.barneys.com/product/eidos-boucl-c3-a9-wool-drawstring-pants-504706717.html

I placed my order for the 34s. Fingers crossed it will go through and then that they'll fit. Pants anticipated to be received by Barney's in October. The wait will suck, but they look killer so I couldn't resists.

14. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

^ I saw those and wanted to grab them, but my size (36) was already sold out.

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Preordered size 32.

16. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

All sold out.

17. NickPollica

Just a heads up - these pants should be in before Oct. and they will also be available in more sizes in store in Barney's uptown NY, Barney's Boston and Barney's Chicago. All stores will take phone orders.

18. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Yep, can't wait for these..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  19. Keen

Keen Senior member

Damnit!
    Thanks! Regular size or size up?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  20. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior member

How do you guys plan to clean the Ajrak?

Would it be for dry cleaners only I assume?