1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Well what he said to me was along the lines of "this is your last chance to get any eidos in your closet because we won't be carrying it anymore after this season's sales are all over"

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Sounds like the sales tactic worked. :)

3. mreister

mreister Active Member

I guess what's confusing to me is that it doesn't seem to be in the best interests of the long-term relationship. I know the guy, and have bought a bunch of stuff from him this season (including another Eidos SC). Not sure why he thinks it would be beneficial to straight up lie to me. I clearly like the brand, so what if I took his word and stopped coming into the store because I thought they weren't carrying Eidos any more?

Quote:
    [​IMG] I guess so. To be fair, he could've been speaking gibberish to me and I still would have bought the SC at that price.

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Anyone interested in proxying a suit for me from the midtown NYC Bloomingdales? The sales associate is willing to hold it for me, and I'll pay you for your time.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Seriously. I want to know when the newest items will hit so atleast I can scope out to see what I like and need.

6. justinkapur

Has anyone thought about doing MTM through Eidos? I was peeking through some of their books while waiting for my alterations and I will say some of those fabrics I could see in my wardrobe. There was in particular a light grey chalkstripe. I wonder if those go on some sort of promotion like 20-25% off in the future

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Haha. If it goes 20-25% off they wouldn't be able to make any money.

8. justinkapur

Why not? I was checking prices and suits are about $1600. Almost every retailer have a wardrobe/MTM event where they go on promotion. I would be really interested to see if they participate.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Well let me know if they do, because I would be one of the first to sign up with you.

10. justinkapur

I wonder how the sportcoat pricing would be.

On another note whoever in this thread gets images of the new fall collection please post images!

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Greg was talking about NMWA doing it. Maybe for the next SF trunk show?

12. justinkapur

I wonder if Nick plans on doing trousers. I just got my suit back from the tailor and the pants fit really well after the bottoms were finished. Enough in the thigh but tapered enough to not be too full.

13. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

For those in Philly, I am pretty sure that Boyd's will do an Eidos MTM event. They did last year. Discount was 10, maybe 15%.

14. justinkapur

You know what's interesting my guy called me that my sportcoat was ready for pickup and I asked him to send me pictures of what's left. He said well today is the last day to purchase because they will not be carrying Eidos anymore.

I can't stand a liar which sucks cause I love the brand. Anyone got SA's they recommend because I don't think I want to do business with him anymore.

15. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Feeling kind of stupid or it may be because English isn't my native language, but what does "SA" stand for?

16. justinkapur

Don't think your stupid! It's sales associate.

17. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks for the clarification =)

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

No the arms are too short and not fond of the idea of rolling up my sleeves on this one.

Yes, they are very happy at Bloomie's NY for the new stuff. It looks great :slayer: Good job Nick.

Missed this post. I stopped by this morning and grabbed these. I hope you were able to get what you needed. I am not sure about the SC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Lol can I ask you who it was? Maybe the same dude is telling us all the same thing.

20. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think a tobacco brown or some sort of blue trouser would go nicely with that coat. You can even try the light green that was used in the Assym Peacoat that Eidos had this S/S. See gdl's post in the Noodle's thread on his check jacket from Formosa on pairings. He made some good points. Are there five colors in that check?

You're a 40? Did you try on that A1 and for chest, did you need to size up?