1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

@NickPollica How is sizing for the band collar overdyed striped shirt below? I'm a large in the Lupo polos and a 39/40 in the dress shirts. I figure I err on the larger side given the overdye process that may have added more shrinkage to the garment than usual and go 40?

[​IMG]

2. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member

That shirt definitely came in short - I would size up.

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

@NickPollicaI figured, thank you, sir. That shoot with MP3 is really really good BTW. Excellent display of your SS16 garments, some really great stuff in there. Congrats.

Another quick question, do you know who makes the hat that is styled with that Maison Patrick shoot?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Quote:I just got mine in medium (usually small) and yes it is a bit short, won't be possible to wear it tucked even if I wanted to. I'm only 5'8 This seems to be common with all the sports shirts. Antonio I know you have already explained about the lack of pre-washing in ITA but um, have you ever thought to just make shirts for some of these fabrics a bit larger / longer to begin with? Seems obvious sorry. Not complaining, this was a frikkin' awesome shirt :)

5. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

For the band collar, how does the numbered sizing correspond to the letter sizing used by Barneys? If I'm a 42, do I grab an xl at Barney's?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. NickPollica

Thanks! Glad you liked what we put together. The hat is mine and it is old.
    If it was only this easy. Washed garment production has been the bane of my existence since we started EIDOS. I have tried everything possible with our current supplier. As of next season, we will be producing all shirts in a new facility and they seem to have figured out what we need.
    yes XL

1 person likes this.
  7. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Pretty psyched about the idea of longer sport shirts

8. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

@NickPollica

Are there any retailers besides Bloomingdale's that stock jackets in 46S?

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Ditto. I tried several of this past seasons sport shirt offerings in both medium and large and the fit just didn't work for me. If length and fit gets a bit more sorted with the new factory then my wallet will be in for some punishment.

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

PSA: If anyone is interested in a brand new pair of this past FW15 seasons Sal Trousers in the Sage Green Cavalry Twill colorway carried by NMWA in size 50, drop me a PM. I picked it up at the end of season sale they had but never got around to hemming or wearing them so I'm offering them up to my fellow member Eidos enthusiasts at cost.

11. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Got it - I'll go from my usual 32 to a 34

Thanks!

12. Bespoke DJP

Bespoke DJP Senior member

Dear Gentlemen

I don't want to derail this Thread, but since some references have been made here and there on ISAIA, let me offer some input for fellow SFers who are fond of the mother company as well!

I just returned from Costiera Amalfitiana, and there - in Capri - is the flagship ISAIA store for the region. The store has a fantastic ambience and the collection, what can I say? Awesome as expected, a true representation of the Neapolitan style.

We discussed a lot with Vincenzo Mulieri, the Vice Store Manager who is very knowledgeable, hospitable, and polite; a true gentleman! I received a full store and brand presentation and reciprocated by introducing him to StyleForum.

If any of you dear gents plan to visit Capri, stop by the store and ask for Vincenzo; you will not regret it.

Bravo Gianluca for your choices!

Best,

Dimitris

13. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

Are there any stockists online (or a shop that can ship) currently that carry long sleeve Lupo polos? Need size medium

14. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

AK Rikks does

15. NickPollica

Martin Patrick has in white and teal.

16. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll get in touch with them.

17. notdesigned

notdesigned Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. daddyblitz

daddyblitz Senior member

what bloomies did you get the sky blue lupo from and you said you went true to size of the kimber green loafers? I'm about to purchase them and debating about what size to get.

20. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

2 people like this.