1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

One is brown (on the right in the pic). The one behind it is a faded olive green. And navy of course.

2. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Damn, Nordstrom sold out of the polos in medium just as I was about to click buy.

Are these available anywhere else?

3. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Hahaha, doh, got those colors already! Thanks for letting me know, I guess the flash, made them appear brighter. I'll keep an eye out for Haymakers' offerings.

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

LOL I have no vested interest other than just seeing my local shop succeed and being able to continue carrying my favorite brand!

5. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Lawrence Covell has the same style, I think...

6. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

They do, but won't ship internationally, unfortunately

7. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Email them - they did for me.

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Antonio, did anyone pick up the S/S patterned shorts?

9. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Damn, that linen slub Henley that Barney's just dropped is exactly what I wanted and the small is gone. Damn short people are like vultures...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  10. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You should try the medium - shirts run small.

11. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Thanks!

12. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Got my mega NMWA shipment in today (I ordered a bunch of stuff to try on). One item was the navy fresco suit. I sized down from my traditional Eidos size of 52 to size 50. Turns out it fits literally perfectly in every way. Pants (size 34 / 50 presumably), not so much (tight in the waist, crotch, seat and hips. Great otherwise! lol)

No idea if Partenopea manufacture has anything to do with it, but all the stuff about last season's jacket I bought (the gun club) that really bothered me has been fixed. The lapel roll is pretty much perfect.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  13. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

14. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Keep the suit moss looks very good sir.

15. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

@mossrockss The Fresco is so nice, I'm upset I missed the 48 :/ What else did you order? Pics!

16. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

i ordered a bunch of stuff from other makers i'd been eyeing at nmwa for a while and didn't know about sizing. formosa, rota and g. inglese specifically. i may post in the nmwa thread about it.

yeah, tried on the fresco again and it's weird—feels much smaller. seriously odd. just two hours difference and it's binding up in the armholes and shoulders like crazy. so i guess i'll stick with 52!!

17. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

A short time ago, you posted that Gentry had made its "first drop," does that mean they will be getting more?
    @NickPollica

18. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

19. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

LOL

20. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Shout out to @NickPollica—I have an Eidos suit and a Formosa suit sitting side by side here, both from NMWA. I appreciate Formosa's quality, but the Eidos blows it away in character and style.

Lots of people love Formosa and point to it as an excellent example of Neapolitan tailoring. Obviously different strokes for different folks (ok that's out of the way). And I fully understand there's no "definitive" Neapolitan maker out there who completely embodies what makes Neapolitan tailoring so beloved (especially in the world of RTW), but if Formosa is as close as you can get, no thanks. It has no character other than its make, in my opinion. It is not special. I have yet to see a single photo of Formosa that is super flattering to the person it sits on, nor have I seen any photo that makes the silhouette it cuts look special.

This is why I was so disconcerted last season, dude. I feared Eidos' NMWA cut was becoming Formosa.

I'm glad to see—whatever the reason, and you can argue all day long that nothing changed last season lol—that's not the case.

Cheers my man!

2 people like this.