1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

some off topic
    allegedly,Michelangelo is owned by Isaia too
    so is there any relationship between Michelangelo and eidos?
    and which have a higher quality?
    Thanks

2. Dave510

Dave510 Member

Apparently GotStyle in Toronto now carries some of the Eidos collection. I am going to check it out this weekend.

3. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Michelangelo is the factory where the Eidos tailored clothing is produced. The factory no longer produces garments under the Michelangelo label but continues to make private label goods for many other brands at all different levels of make. All the non washed garments in Eidos collection are made with a full canvas construction.

4. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Do Bloomingdale carry 36 for you guys?

6. NickPollica

I believe they do. I know or a fact that carson street does.

7. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I asked the Isaia guy at Barney's about Eidos and he was shocked. He asked me how I knew the name.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

well, guess there is a reason for me to go back to Bloomingdales after all, will try to check out this weekend and report

9. NickPollica

It doesn't surprise me that all the Isaia retail associates don't know about it. We're keeping it entirely separate as its a different idea. There is no mention of Isaia anywhere on our garments. We don't want it to feel like a diffusion line because it isn't. I genuinely believe that our silhouettes stand up (and in many cases surpass) to the best things available in the market, at any price point.

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Fyi Bloomingdale do have them in 36

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quite frankly, I am shocked at how this thread is not exploded out into a six figure view count already. Antonio, maybe have someone post up some new pics?

1 person likes this.
  12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

yea, definitely need more pictures, I tried it on in Bloomingdales today, fit is very good if you like the Napoli flavor (I am more biased towards English). I like one of the navy spots coat and a dark red DB (Though they didn't have the DB in my sizes, so couldn't see how it would have worked).

The problem I can see is the fabric selection is not too inspiring (lots of pinstripe, one/two solids, few bold check, no houndtooth etc.), it's not bad at all, especially if you just start out buying tailored clothing, it's actually pretty good. It's just a bit on the boring side if you have built up your wardrobe already.

I think it's more of a Bloomingdales's fault, the ones shows up on Tumblr looks a lot more interesting. I bet the selection would look a lot better if it was launched in Barneys New York/Bergdorf Goodman.

13. abaaz

abaaz New Member

Just bought a blue Eidos suit from Bloomingdales yesterday priced at $1495, marked down 40% for the weekend sale. Beautiful suit, impeccable stitching. Left it for minor length alternations will post some pictures when I get it back.

14. NickPollica

For their first season, Bloomingdales chose a relatively safe buy because the product was untested. Thankfully it has been working on their floor. Next season, you will find some really fantastic swatches available there and at the other 20 stores that have chosen to pick us up.

15. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Are you launching in cities such as Paris or Hong Kong?

16. jpo

jpo Senior member

The Eidos stuff is looking awesome. I just got back from a couple weeks in Italy and it was quite a revelation in style for me. Nick, your stuff is knocking it out of the park and I can't wait to see it in the flesh....errr...fabric...

Any chance Bloomingdales in Chicago is going to have Eidos?

17. NickPollica

Any chance Bloomingdales in Chicago is going to have Eidos?[/quote]

Nothing in Paris as of yet. My good friends at The Armoury will be carrying our "Lupo" one piece collar woven polo in HK and Tribeca this spring and may expand their selection in upcoming seasons.

18. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Hi Nick great to hear we'll get more stuff next season, please be heavy on the sports coat side!

19. Jfied23

Jfied23 Member

Bought a staple Navy suit and a MTM sport coat at the Eidos event at Boyds in Philly. The fit is terrific on both and Antonio was extremely helpful. The sport coat just arrived this week, and I'm thrilled with it. Cant wait to see the dress shirts and other pieces for the upcoming season.

Not sure if this pic does it justice, but here's the sport coat...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Very nice! What's the typical price on a suit and sc?