Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The ak rikks website doesn't seem to have a way to buy online. Do you have a sales associate with whom you work?

2. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

yep. i will give you his # in a PM

3. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

The S/S 2016 stuff looks awesome! I really want to try out some of Eidos' suiting in the future...

...If only I can nail down my size. I'm a 36S in US sizing, which correlates to a 46 in Eidos' sizing if I recall. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!) I went to a local retailer that carries Eidos (Burrows) and they had a a 38 US/48 EU sport jacket that I tried on, but was a bit big. Based on that, I am likely a 46 EU.

But now I'm learning that both Burrows and GotStyle in the Greater Toronto Area do not carry any suits or sport jackets in my size, and cannot even order them in for this upcoming season. I guess I was too late? Is there a reason I'm not aware as to why they cannot obtain anything in my size from their buyers? It's a little frustrating as I really want to own a jacket from Eidos.

4. FLW

FLW Senior member

Eidos is a relatively small brand (in retail terms) and generally doesn't do mid-season re-stocks. What a store orders at the start of the season is all they will get and those orders are placed well in advance (hence why you probably couldn't order something for F/W). I am not sure if any retailer carries a 36/46, but with fall drops coming soon I would keep an eye out online.

Also, many Eidos retailers offer their MTM service. Eidos has insanely good fabric books and the markup for MTM is very reasonable.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015

5. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Dammit, Moss.

Because of this I decided to contact AK Rikks to see what they had left in my size.

I'm currently in the process of getting another Eidos suit... I love you, but my wallet hates you.

6. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Hehe, what'd you end up with? If I had another several hundred dollars, there's quite a bit I'd be picking up from AK…

Jordan sent me an Isaia hanger instead of the typical Eidos hanger. Haha, thanks @amckeague

[​IMG]

7. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Picked up the Tenero suit in blue pinstripe linen. The same fabric as this DB suit from the lookbook

[​IMG]

I don't currently have a linen suit and I've been looking for a blue one and this fits the bill perfectly [​IMG]

8. EvilTuna7

EvilTuna7 Well-Known Member

Was reading an interview with Nish De Gruiter, VP of Suitsupply, and he had some nice words about Antonio/Eidos:

Do you have any must-see shows this week?
    I like to see Michael Bastian, Billy Reid, Ralph Lauren, Ovadia & Sons. I like to catch those shows because they all have their own signature on menswear and they make wearable fashion. I would wear everything from Eidos Napoli. Antonio just knows what he’s doing, it’s all his personality. I just love what he does.

9. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

Thank you for your answer. I was not aware of this.

I'll need to inquire with those two stores about MTM when I visit them again in the future.

10. FLW

FLW Senior member

You can also contact the guys at No Man Walks Alone. They have the swatch books readily at hand (few retailers do) and they do an awesome job setting up MTOs via email.

11. Vice

Vice Well-Known Member

Quick question. I have an Eidos jacket on the way which is coming with basted sleeves and shoulders. I know for the sleeves you take it to the tailor and what not to alter it for the buttons and length and so forth. But, the jacket is also basted in the shoulders also. I researched and saw that this can simply be removed carefully by hand. Is this recommended or should the tailor remove those also? I'm just wondering as I have never received a jacket with basted sleeves and shoulders until this point.

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Just remove by hand if you're not comfortable have the tailor do it for you for free.

13. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Some quick and dirty post-workout-shower-terrible-hair iPhone pics of what I wore today (the hemp wool hopsack jacket).

The fabric is very soft, and is a more "greige" (gray+beige) than a tan with a yellow tinge. It's also fairly heavy. Compared to the open-weave 9oz silk jackets from this collection, this 11oz is far heavier. It's something you'd pull out when the sun's going down on the beach and the wind starts to chill you. But for the 90° weather Cincinnati's been having, this is too heavy.

At first I wasn't sure I was totally sold on either aspect—weight or color. But I've come around on both. The color is not inherently less good than a yellower tan—that's just what I was expecting and am still in the market for. And the weight makes it more versatile for the seasons, as well (I think I will be wearing this well into fall, and will be pulling it out earlier in spring next year).

Plus it leaves room in my wardrobe for that lightweight tobacco or tan linen jacket :slayer: (or hell, if someone still had that tan with light blue windowpane silk jacket in stock in 52R…)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Vice

Vice Well-Known Member

Lookin' good Moss. I was wondering if you were the same size as I am and turns out you are. The 52r go too fast haha.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

How do you like the Tenero cut overall, @mossrockss? How are you liking the open quarters compared to the NMWA house cut?

Did you stay same to size like your other jackets?

TIA