1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Incidentally, today's jacket posted on my Instagram (details there)

Trying to figure out the provenance of this jacket. Maybe last SS? @NickPollica (it's a brown/taupe silk/wool donegal)

[​IMG]

2. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

How have those Tetbury's not sold yet???

3. TweedyProf

The Highbury's I've listed? No idea. They are great, beautiful shoes, just a bit too elongated for me, but the 348 is a popular last so...?

4. King Calder

King Calder Senior Member

Dickie shirt came in from Gentry today -- this is no doubt the coolest shirt I have ever bought. Well done! I'm so psyched to wear this on hot weekends.

[​IMG]

5. M Parenti

M Parenti Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Legitimately thought you weren't wearing pants. But hey neat shirt.

6. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

So I bought the chambray popover from Haberdash over the weekend. Got the very last one they had. They marked it in different sizes than the shirt was actually marked—it's size 41/16, but they marked it as Large (dumb).

Anyway, while it's an awesome shirt in theory (great fabric, great details, styling, buttons, etc.), the fit is terrible on me. Neck is perfect (the collar is amazing—almost worth keeping just for that), chest is about right, but the body length is really short (not really tuck-able), which combined with how wide the body is (despite darts), makes it kinda look like a pajama shirt or something, plus the sleeves are too short.

So, back it must go. Unless one of you guys wants it. I'll send it back tomorrow if I don't hear anything today. I paid $220 and would just ask whoever buys it pay shipping—which I figure is about $6.

So: $226 for the chambray popover in size 41. I can take measurements for you if you're interested.

7. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

^That's too bad about the chambray popover. I got the same one from Haberdash in size M (tagged 40/15.75), and the fit is nearly perfect for me (size 40/15.75 Eidos shirt sleeves are usually a tad long for me). It's my favorite shirt right now. So much so I also ordered the full placket version from Gentry (they do state that it's 100% cotton instead of cotton/linen, but it looks the same) during their Memorial Day sale.

8. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

Yeah I wanted a chambray shirt, and this is almost exactly what I wanted (popover or not wasn't a huge issue to me—either would do). So, yeah, bummer.

9. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

This is from the first spring bloomingdales buy (This is rome collection).
    The fabric is the same. Its 100% cotton for both, just listed incorrectly by one of the stores.

10. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

You know, I really thought it felt like a linen/cotton blend. Shows how much I know about fabrics... :p

Good to know that they are indeed the same fabric though. Whatever it is, I love it.

11. TweedyProf

Thanks Antonio. Interesting that it's a straight two button but Tipo (not 3r2). Is that more a Roman element than Neapolitan? I'm interesting in how you differentiated the themes and how that showed up in the tailoring of this piece.

12. Chas Knight

Chas Knight Well-Known Member

Has no one else made the connection with the Dickie shirt? Dickie Greenleaf! haha the signals keep popping up. @NickPollica , I was the guy on instagram who made that connection from your last photoshoot with Zeph to the Talented Mr Ripley. It helps having spent time in Ischia, plus being a fan of Talented Mr Ripley, PLUS working in the sartorial industry. Cheers mate!

13. King Calder

King Calder Senior Member

14. badsha

badsha Distinguished Member

Anyone have details on this SC? Fabric?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's the 100% matte silk in a slightly open weave. Exact same material as the brown plaid jacket we have on the site right now.