1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

I think so. The variable here is the extreme wrinkles from the packaging it was sent in (folded up in an envelope). I will try to steam it and let it rest per Antonio.

Curious why the top button shows when the middle one is closed. The lapel doesn't seem to roll in a way to hide the top button as with the Tipo model I got from Bloomingdale's.

I think this is from NMWA, but the buttoning is what I'm looking for:
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/10/1019518b_IMG_1338.jpeg

I really want to love this jacket; the fabric is divine. I'll see what my tailor suggests. Might have to go MTM from now on.

Last edited: May 27, 2015

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Make sure you don't steam the chest/lapels/shoulders. Might be better to just size up if you can.

If hemp behaves like linen (no idea), you'll likeley see marks where the jacket has been let out.

3. sacafotos

@Monkeyface

I think it does behave like linen, but this feels heavier; it's a hemp-silk blend, I believe.

Do you have photos of a linen jacket that has been let out? Wouldn't it be harder to tell with a deep navy jacket like this?

This is starting to look like more hassle than it's worth :(

Hey, @Murlsquirl...Thoughts?

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I know that chunky basket weave and I really don't think you will see any of the seam holes when letting it out. That's a fair concern for tighter weave cottons and linens, but I wouldn't worry with that one.

On a separate note, I would be mad if I bought a nice jacket like that and it was shipped to me folded in an envelope.

5. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

You are not going to see where this is let out at all. The weave is large and really open whereas most linen is more compact and flat.

6. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior Member

This.

7. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

All: Since Marc Etlin has been a help to many of us, thought I would post an email he just sent me on sales on Eidos right now at Bloomies:

"30-40% off PLUS an additional $25 dollars off for every hundred left. that's insane!"

"Insane" is his word. Anyway, you know where to find him.

@sacafotos If you bought this from a store, I would at least let them know that jackets should never be shipped that way (obviously, they didn't give you the cool Eidos hanger either).

Set itt on a good hanger to rest. Your tailor might be able to selectively steam relevant parts of the jacket and repress those parts (gently at the third button perhaps, the sleeves). The shoulders might resolve too (I don't think they are divots but it's possible). The absence of a 3r2 is odd since I'm sure that was how it was cut. Is this a current model?

That fabric is great by the way, but Antonio knows how to choose them.

8. sacafotos

@TweedyProf

The hangar is the one thing I miss. I think Bloomie's offers them for $25-35, but have to confirm. Id hate to not have one.

It's the Tenero model. If it was any other unremarkable fabric, I'd have returned it, but this thing is freaking gorgeous. Also thought about asking Greg if I can MTO it in the Lorenzo cut.

9. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior Member

Damn, would anyone be willing to proxy? I just want a longsleeve white lupo polo. I emailed Marc before and the conversation ended rather abruptly when he said his store doesn't ship to Canada (even though the Bloomies website does...). I'll make it worth your while, of course!

10. TweedyProf

Email the source. They should have the hanger I would think, and they should have included it.

11. veloaudio

veloaudio Senior Member

So should Eidos Sport Coats come with a branded hanger? Mine from Carson's did not, it came on a Carson's standard wooden hanger.

12. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Distinguished Member

Which begs the question @sacafotos , what was the source?

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We also ship (almost) everything on our own hangers. There's only one exception: Eidos. Their hangers are so nice that we decided to ship it with the orders, instead of ours.

14. thecool85

thecool85 Senior Member

I'm going to guess it was Gentry as I had my recent purchase shipped the same way. The material of my coat is less prone to wrinkles, so I didn't have that problem. After inspecting it pretty thoroughly, there wasn't anything at all wrong with it, but I could see how it would be preferable to have it packaged a bit better considering the cost of these jackets. I also didn't receive a hanger, but I've already contacted them to see if they could send one.

I should stress that everything about the sales process was seamless and they really are an incredibly helpful and friendly sales staff, but this is one area that could be improved.

15. TweedyProf

The Eidos hangers a very nice. Light and broad at the end. Twice at Bloomingdakes the shipping department didn't include them. Most people don't realize that a quality hangar is worth a lot too. Ask your seller to send them as well.