Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the NMWA cut compared to the Tenero cut; same size (52); same season; same fabric (raw silk) in different colors.

Ignore my weird arm in the second one with the navy jacket—was moving it around evidently and my wife didn't get a clean snap.

It's interesting to me that Antonio says the Tenero is a shorter cut—compared to the Tipo anyway. Because it's either slightly longer or about the same as the NMWA cut (which Greg and Antonio said they had lengthened from the original Lorenzo model).

I love both cuts. On me, I feel the Tenero is a bit more flattering. But both are awesome. The NMWA is a bit tighter in the blades/upper back than the Tenero, but the Tenero is a bit trimmer in almost every other respect (sleeves, shoulders, chest, etc.).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Great pics, moss! Funny that you prefer the Tenero, because it clearly seems to be negatively effecting your vision.

3. ComfortablyDumb

Zipper fly is way more sprezz. Leave it unzipped and act nonchalant if anything happens to pop out. If you're gonna sprezz in swim shorts, that's how it's done.

4. M Parenti

M Parenti Well-Known Member

*Disclaimer: Tenero cut known to cause temporary near-sightedness

5. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

For those of you who have been to the SF or NYC Bloomie's - what's the stock like on the Lupo polos (not the polos with the chest pockets)? i.e., colors they carry and short sleeve/long sleeve varieties. The Century City (LA) Bloomie's is fairly weak.

Just wanted to ask before calling and getting someone who is less familiar with the line.

6. vida

vida Senior member

Great! Thank you for posting this. I just purchased the Tenero from Haberdash in Chicago and love it. The Lorenzo and Tipo are the other models I'm seeing online, so it us nice to see a side by side. Can anyone compare the Tipo to the Tenero ?

7. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Call niece bloomingdales and ask for Marc Etlin - he'll sort you out.

Tipo is our longest jacket at 76cm for an EU 50R. It is usually fully lined with a soft but slightly padded shoulder, closed quarters and our easiest fit through the waist. The tenero is completely unlined with no padding in the shoulder whatsoever. It is slightly shorter at 75cm on a 50, with a narrower half waist and more open quarters.

IMHO, based on these two photos alone, the NMWA suits your build more. That said, they both look great!

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I'm with you, I prefer the NMWA but they both look great.

9. vida

vida Senior member

Me, just the opposite. I prefer the Tenero but love both of them!

10. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Both great. The NMWA to my eye is nicer in having a more gentle opening of the quarters and the wider lapels to my mind emphasizes the upper body more in an appealing way. The (I think) lower stance of the NMWA is appealing to my tastes. But I'd happily wear both as they look. Well done!

11. ComfortablyDumb

I e-mailed Marc a while back about the lupos and this is what he told me they have,
    Long-sleeve: white, yellow horizontal stripes
    Short-sleeve: navy, light grey, white, pink

I was hoping for more colours in the long-sleeves but oh well the short-sleeves are great too!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized I asked Marc for only the colours in which they have XLs in stock. I'm guessing they might have a few more colours in the other sizes!

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

^^Gracias Nick and CD

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  13. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

:rotflmao:

Interesting, guys. I do love it quite a bit—ever since I saw the Florentine cut on Alan at the Armoury I fell in love with the sweeping lapels and curvature through the hem. Never thought I'd be able to try something similar.

I feel a slight preference for Tenero as well. To me I just feel like it accentuates my leanness and height a little better (which I've worked to attain and maintain the last year). But then again maybe what I need is something that broadens my shoulders a little bit a la the NMWA cut.

cheers to @NickPollica for great design all around.

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

The blue one looks much worse on you. Way too tight in the waist, too short and the quarters too open.it emphasises your waist and hips, while making your shoulders look smaller. Not the most flattering cut for you.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  15. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Waist—actually it appears that way but is not. What you're seeing is a side effect of it being unlined and my posture.
    Quarters too open—actually what you're seeing is wind (no joke). Also take into account my posture in the photo/my stance
    Length—actually if I were to turn around you'd see it's the right length—maybe 1cm short but within my acceptable range of length