Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

My MTO took a little over 8 weeks and I'm sure MTM is about the same. Quinton said 6-8 weeks...depending on how busy the factory is. I ordered during the time S/S was being made so that's probably why mine took a little longer.

2. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Is the smallest size 36?

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's right. 8 weeks + or - 2 weeks in my experience. It all depends on what is being produced there at that time.

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

I hope some people use the opportunity to get some Eidos formal wear. They have some unique fabrics available, and their formal wear styling is very nice IMHO - their shawl lapel shape is nice, and the shantung trimming is very natty. It's a good chance to get a nicely made piece of formal wear that goes beyond the standard black or midnight blue tuxedo, without having to go to the expense of bespoke.

5. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Hoping the brown silk jacket sticks around for a little bit while I build up some funds to drop on it.

So you made changes to the Lorenzo cut in order to make it work for more types of men, which is great. My question is for anybody who would have guidance based on their personal experience with the cut.

I almost always err on the long side of jackets in this day and age, because 1- I have a long torso, 2- the length comes to be perfect on me and 3- the buttoning point usually hits me at the right spot that way. The Lorenzo/NMWA cut, however, worries me because the ideal length for me, I've found, hits exactly in the middle of the measured lengths of the 52R and 52L (my ideal length is 31" or so—the 52R is 30.4, the 52L is 31.7). Also, the buttoning point has been lowered, so an L may be 1980s low even on me, lol.

Typically that half inch difference on the R wouldn't worry me so much and I'd get it, but in this case I worry that the cut-away quarters in the front might have a visual shortening effect, which on top of it already being slightly shorter would look bad on me.

Obviously I could just order it and try it on, but if Greg is eating the shipping, I'd hate to do that to him because I'm not ready to buy it yet.

Any input would be helpful!

6. Murlsquirl

Your jackets usually look, to me, on the longer side. I wear a 52L in Eidos, but I'm about 6'4". The button point is good on me and the length works. With the way this is cut, you might want to consider a R.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

7. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I think his jackets look appropriate. Your body type is more tall, lean, athletic, and with long legs, and the exaggerated shortness and open skirt of the Formosa/Eidos looks good on you. It might not be the case for him.

8. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

@mossrockss seems like our measurements are about the same. I favor 31" as well and was in the same conundrum. I was advised by the NMWA crew to take a 52L in the Lorenzo before the adjustments to the new cut for the same reasons you mention (open quarters make the suit wear shorter), and thankfully it worked out really well. I was worried since I am 6'0" that it would be too long, but I think I must have a long torso to be able to wear the same size as Murl.

I'm not sure how this translates to the new cut, since I believe the quarters are supposed to slightly less open.

9. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Yeah, sounds super similar—I'm just shy of 6'0" as well. Have any pics of the jacket on you?

It may be moot bc the jacket is out of stock in 52L… but I wanna know just for the sake of knowing even if it doesn't come back in stock.

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Just looked back at your pic—helpful to know your height for reference. That thing looks awesome on you btw.

11. Murlsquirl

I agree, they look really good. It didn't mean to imply that they don't.

I didn't know LeBeef was a 52L because I've seen his try on pics and the jacket looked great. I woukd benefit from another inch of length so there you have it....my advice sucked. Get a 52L Moss.

I have always ordered whatever Greg reccomends for me and have never been disappointed. He won't steer you wrong.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

12. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

Here is straight out of the box, so don't mind the sleeve length before tailoring.

[​IMG]

13. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

hmm, ok interesting—that's the lorenzo from last season pre-greg/antonio collaborative alterations?

14. Robs89

Robs89 Senior member

Correct, that's the Lorenzo from AW14.

15. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

Yup