Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

MTO. I'm pretty lucky and the RTW pattern fits me great. This is an unaltered Lorenzo from today.

[​IMG]

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Lucky indeed. This looks amazing.

3. Murlsquirl

It's all from you!

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ha ha. I meant that the fit of that jacket is impeccable. I can't take credit for that.

Why don't you post this great fits in our gallery, and help the next guy see how those items fit IRL ?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. Murlsquirl

I know you did.

My pictures are terrible....

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Straight fire, beautiful!

7. Murlsquirl

You approve of anything green!

8. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Wore my Eidos today, not the best picture

[​IMG]

9. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nope - its gone and not coming back. shouldn't have slept! :)
    That was the ormezzano linen suit from last spring. No longer available. You were on the right trach with the brown silk from nmwa. That is the best separates suit out there. The 100% silk quality we use is literally unbeatable for spring/summer. Its super hard wearing and wrinkle resistent but has an open weave so it breathes really nicely (unlike most silk fabrics). The color brown is seriously the most beautiful I have ever seen, like a rich, deep chocolate.
    You cant. They were from the first spring season and we dont make them anymore.
    We are out of that fabric.

10. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Code:
    [QUOTE="NickPollica, post: 7791378, member: 0"]
    Nope - its gone and not coming back.  shouldn't have slept!  :)
    That was the ormezzano linen suit from last spring.  No longer available.  You were on the right trach with the brown silk from nmwa.  That is the best separates suit out there.  The 100% silk quality we use is literally unbeatable for spring/summer. Its super hard wearing and wrinkle resistent but has an open weave so it breathes really nicely (unlike most silk fabrics).  The color brown is seriously the most beautiful I have ever seen, like a rich, deep chocolate.  
    You cant.  They were from the first spring season and we dont make them anymore.
    We are out of that fabric.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to kiss ass but you are pretty brilliant. You've almost single-handedly changed my taste!

Was all about skinny lapels, now I'm in love with a larger lapel...

Had no use for Field Coats, became obsessed and one of your will be coming my way soon...

Hated the Lupo polo when I first saw it, now I obsessively search for one in my size...

Had no use for a Dickie shirt, keep staring at them on SF the last few days...

Hell, you may be some kind of wizard! I thank you but my wallet is not happy...

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Shantung bomber? Is this like an MA-1 or a shantung version of the Casentino bomber.

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I'm curious about why the Lupo shirt jacket is a one and done deal. Did it not sell well enough? I think it's a great model and it's too bad that it's discontinued.

13. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

I'm assuming they only have a few keystone pieces that they repeat every season in different versions i.e. field jacket; the others are strictly seasonal so they have the infrastructure to design and release other models. Rick Owens will make a stooges, intarsia every season, but new stuff cycles in.

14. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This. The fabric is an irregular Japanese cotton that they call shantung due to is extremely slubby nature. It is amazing. The jacket below is carried at Gentry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe strongly in having a core sportswear collection to base the foundation of our collection on. That's why the lupo polo, ragosta (field coat) jacket, the marremana, basketweave cardigan, work shirt, etc. are available every season. That said, I also think it vital to our business to offer exciting, seasonal things that are directly related to the inspiration for that season. The Lupo shirt jacket was my interpretation of a Tuscan chore coat. That made sense for a season that was about the history of Florentine artisanship. The Dickie shirt makes sense as a 50's inspired beach shirt when the collection was about Ischia, its fishing community and the people (ie Dickie Greenleaf) that holiday there.

The overall point is this - the unusual things in the collection are nearly always one and dones on purpose. They are meant to be special and meant to be rare. If you like them, you should buy them before you miss your chance because they won't be coming back.

15. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

The Dickie shirt isn't coming back?! It's the perfect summer shirt!

In the last 24 hours I've placed orders for the green toggle cardigan at MP3 and the charcoal/green Lorenzo in Murl's recent fitpic from NMWA.

I need a break from this thread before I start turning tricks for suiting.