• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bloomingdales NYC should have in store by now!

n2pua

Reaction score

Bloomingdales NYC should have in store by now!

Antonio,

Just curious. I noticed the new Lupo's have extra detail/fabric at the base of the placket. Is this to reinforce or something you're experimenting with ?

Vice

Reaction score
Antonio,

Just curious. I noticed the new Lupo's have extra detail/fabric at the base of the placket. Is this to reinforce or something you're experimenting with ?

I noticed this also. I have one coming in from haberdashmen and saw the extra detail. It's no really biggie for me but I wondered the same thing.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I noticed this also. I have one coming in from haberdashmen and saw the extra detail. It's no really biggie for me but I wondered the same thing.

Yessir - the base of the placket is now mitred. It was always supposed to be like this but our manufacturer produced it incorrectly the first couple seasons. If you look the through the collection in general you will notice the mitred bottom is a design detail we utilize across all categories for plackets and pockets except on classic suits, sport coats and topcoats. This is a nod to the name Eidos, which is something's true form or soul. Plato said that we could only see a reflection of Eidos and the mitre is quite literally a reflection in pattern. In the case of the polo is also echo the v-shape that is created at a jacket's buttoning point much more elegantly that a straight horizontal line.

Vice

Reaction score
By the way Antonio, what jacket model were you wearing in your recent "Simplifiers" video? I know Zeph is wearing the Tipo, it looks like you may be wearing the Tenero, though I am unsure.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything for my shoulders as far as eidos suiting is concerned. 20.5 inches across. Is there an Eidos option? Have I not looked in the right places?
Thanks

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

By the way Antonio, what jacket model were you wearing in your recent "Simplifiers" video? I know Zeph is wearing the Tipo, it looks like you may be wearing the Tenero, though I am unsure.

Zeph and I are both wearing the primo in that video, which is only really available MTM.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cant seem to find a Lupo Polo in Navy anywhere. 
Anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!
I have a medium that's too small for me, if you're interested, shoot me a pm

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Triple Eidos up top today (field jacket, shirt jacket, popover):

I can't seem to get enough Eidos lately. After a recent Bloomingdale's fueled binge, I now have another polo and sport coat incoming. Great stuff!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Triple Eidos up top today (field jacket, shirt jacket, popover):

I can't seem to get enough Eidos lately. After a recent Bloomingdale's fueled binge, I now have another polo and sport coat incoming. Great stuff!

Have you ever thought about shortening the sleeves? They'd hang much more cleanly without all those folds.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads