Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

None of the jackets are actually constructed with a spalla camicia (meaning that the seam allowance is folded inwards and stitched through to the top of the shoulder). The tipo is the only model that does not include some grinze (the slight uneveness that comes from having a sleevehead have a larger diameter than that of the armhole). The effect is more pronounced on some fabrics (usually lighter ones) than others.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

Interesting, thanks for the explanation!

3. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Thanks for this, looks like I'll need to plan a trip to NY sometime soon.

My only concern about the NMWA is that it's unlined. I'm a pretty muscular guy and most of the unlined jackets I've tried or even own (Eidos included) tend to bunch a bit strangely at the shoulders. I really like the Tipo as the light shoulder padding and lining seems to alleviate this and the shoulder looks more natural on my build. Hence why I feel like the lined Ciro might be better for me than the NMWA cut. Could be wrong, though, and would love to try them both.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Our suits were lined for fall/winter and unlined for spring/summer. It's definitely more comfortable when it starts getting warm, especially for fabrics like the Tallia fresco weave we used or our summer suits. Padding is a separate issue - all our Eidos jackets have unpadded shoulders.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  5. NickPollica

The ciro is unlined too.

The only jacket we offer lined is the tipo (although we made an exception for greg - he basically can do whatever he wants.)

6. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Oh, my mistake. The only ciro I've seen is the one on Haymaker's site and it's lined, which is why I assumed they all were.

7. NickPollica

Oh, my mistake. The only ciro I've seen is the one on Haymaker's site and it's lined, which is why I assumed they all were. 
    [/quote

Its not supposed to be...haha. I guess our account executive let some stores tweak modeling more than I had stipulated.

As a general rule, the Tipo and NMWA are the only models we sell that is available both lined and unlined, unless you are doing MTM.

8. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Has anyone sourced a sportcoat suit in 36/46 S or even XS (presumably as a MTO)? I'm curious to know the finished length of the jacket. The R, even at ~29" is way to long for me at 5'4".

Any advice is appreciated!

9. jimstyles

jimstyles Member

10. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Is what is currently available on Bloomingdales online all they are going to get? They are adding things randomly so I wasn't sure if they had their complete SS haul online or if their is more to come.

11. NickPollica

12. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Really nice collaboration you have there. Pics are beautiful on many, many dimensions.

13. M Parenti

M Parenti Well-Known Member

That lookbook is killer. So great.

14. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Some really great inspiration in that shoot.

Antonio, I gotta let you know—I was sitting thinking about my wardrobe the other day (only on styleforum could a guy say that lol) and came to a decision to focus on buying Eidos exclusively for a while. I really dig the aesthetic—it totally jives with my own—and am at the point in my life where I have clothes I can wear day-in and day-out while I focus on upgrading key pieces and branching out a bit. So, great work, keep on keeping on.