Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That was basically my elevator pitch to Isaia and I believe wholeheartedly that you are right. We are ready to sell to Europe - but the stores have to want to buy it and so far all I hear from our European agent is how tough the economy is there and that nobody cares about how the clothing is made, they want inexpensive goods.

2. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

It's about branding and getting the target clientele to recognise it, the goods and their selling points, like the quality and then to buy in. I have an image of a tv spot in my head where the typical fares of Boss and Armani are taken apart along with an Eidos jacket, accompanied by lots of tailor tech talk and then you finish by showing pics of the sweat shops where they produce compared to you yours (much assuming it's different). Start of this campaign would be in Scandinavia, Germany and maybe NL, the currently strongest economies there.
    But your agents are probably right, 99.9% just don't care about construction, cloth and "timeless" styling.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

That number floats around SF, but I don't think it's that extreme. Whenever I wear a nice suit by SF standards, I usually do get questions about where I got it. People might not know why a suit looks nice, but they do recognise it when they see it. This means the consumer can be educated, and hence understand qualities such as fully canvassed, cloth and cut.

If 99.9% didn't care about construction and cloth, then why is SuitSupply so successful? They actively educate the consumer about half and fully canvassed, they show the importance of certain details and they openly advertise where they get their cloths from, such as VBC and other Italian mills.

In a sense, SuitSupply is doing part of the educating for Eidos. However, when their target market, such as myself, is ready to move up to a higher segment, their is no equivalent to SuitSupply. It's either very expensive suits that are very well made, or name brands that don't really have the construction to back up their price.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

99.9% is the whole male population between 20 and 70. Let's say it improves to 99% when focussing on the target group, considering disposable income, profession, lifestyle, ...
    People can be educated, of course, the challenge is finding an effective way to reach them, and then convince them that full canvas, details, cut, cloth (not the more "super" the better) are worthwhile propositions, and I agree, Suitsupply does a pretty good job with this also in favour of Eidos.
    "Looking good" can be achieved with Boss, Zegna, Armani ... but also with cheaper offerings. 'Looking really good' also in the eye of the educated, that's the ball game we are talking here.
    Coming back to Antonio and Eidos in Europe, I could imagine a feature in GQ and/or similar might help as a means to open agents', resellers' and store chains' eyes, to get a broader entry by raising demand. Looking at SF, the demand has been building up nicely, now it's a matter of making the right stuff obtainable. NMWA will make sure of it for a small group. A good start.

5. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Presale started Friday; I think the actual sale starts on Wednesday. 40% off if I recall correctly. Bought a hopsack at SF, wanted the guncheck but it was sold out :(

SF also has caruso on deep discount as well.

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

wish it was online....

7. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm fairly certain it is not sold out. Did you ask them to check the back or call SF? I can see the numbers and we are sitting on a good deal of that coat.

It will be next season.

8. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

40% off for the jackets makes it really tempting to pick up another one. Hrm

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Next season as in F/W 2014-15? TIA!

10. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior member

Does anyone know if Bloomingdales takes phone orders? I want that hopsack blazer and my work schedule makes it impossible for me to get down to the city anymore.

11. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

Can't even see Eidos being mentioned in the 'designers' listing or in sports coats?

12. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

For those with experience with the brand. How do the off the rack items fit and feel? Is the jump to MTM worth it? Sounds like we're dealing with some awesome stuff, I'm in Toronto and Gotstyle (a store I usually avoid at all costs) is somehow carrying the line though I don't think they have MTM....not really feeling a trip to NY for that.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  13. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Would love to know this as well.

14. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

It does but it's a major hassle.

I tried once before a year ago but it had to be approved by the head manager and you had to send a copy of your drivers license, fill out forms etc etc. I decided it wasn't worth it.

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Call them and report back