• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the lupo polos? What are the chest/shoulder measurements like on an L/XL? 

I take a 54R in Eidos jackets and 16.5/42 in shirts but I have a pretty narrow waist (33-34"). I feel like the L would be too tight in the chest while the XL might be too loose around the waist. Any recommendations?

I am wearing my 54R Eidos today and also have an Eidos shirt in 16.5/42. These fit really well.

My final Eidos piece (for now) is a Lupo polo - in size XL. It also fits really well - I would suggest that is the best size for you.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help, looks like XL is the way to go. @Pink Socks What's your heigh / how do you find the length of the shirt?

The L looks long enough on @hookem12387 which worries me because I'm 5'11. I have a good feeling I'll have to get the polo hemmed shorter.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@comfortablydumb I have a feeling you'll have to get it shortened. I wouldn't want the large any longer on me and that's with a few extra inches

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I much prefer Tipo and the new Lorenzo(?) that NMWA is carrying.

I'm sure the fabrics are nice on those jackets but the cut doesn't do a whole lot for me.

ScottMC

Reaction score
I much prefer Tipo and the new Lorenzo(?) that NMWA is carrying.

I'm sure the fabrics are nice on those jackets but the cut doesn't do a whole lot for me.

The new NMWA/Eidos cut is quite lovely, especially closing the quarters a bit.

One really has to try on the different cuts for fit, tho...

Yes, I think it will be hard to beat the new NMWA cut. The Tenero does have pretty nice lapels when you try it on in person, those pictures don't do justice.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a significant difference in fit between these two/three fits and the Tipo from Bloomingdales?

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Is there a significant difference in fit between these two/three fits and the Tipo from Bloomingdales?

I have a Tenero (blue donegal double-breasted) and a few Tipos in 54R and I find I enjoy wearing the Tipos more. The Tenero is noticeably slimmer through the chest and arms, and a bit shorter as well, but in the actual jacket length as well as the sleeves. Still a great jacket, but I definitely prefer the Tipo fit. Would love to try the Lorezno / Ciro.

jimstyles

Reaction score
Haymakers and Co. put up some new Eidos SCs and one Suit with a very nice cut and large lapels which they called Cirro on their instagram. The blue Guncheck looks nice as well. Their product shots need a little work IMO, but there is some really nice stuff there. https://www.haymakersandco.com/products/?section=302&tAction=Search&brid=1169 What do you guys think?

Thanks for the shout out, @ScottMC You're right; our product images do need some work. We've only been in business since August, and we're still working out all the e-commerce kinks (such as mislabeling the Ciro suit as a Primo).

Regarding Tenero vs. Tipo, we found that the customers in our brick-and-mortar shop really loved the fit of the Tenero last season, so that's why I chose that model.

We're taking a risk with the Ciro suit; it's our attempt at pushing Nashville guys out of the Thom Browne/Mad Men thing. When I put on the jacket, it instantly made me stand straighter and feel powerful, for lack of a better word. It's really something you have to try on to fully understand. I think @NickPollica knocked it out of the park, and we've already had some very positive customer feedback.

So excited to have Eidos in our store; if anybody has any other questions about our product mix, I'm more that happy to answer via PM.

-Jim

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what the 'Nero' fit at Carson St is like? To me it looks pretty much identical to the Tipo, wondering what the differences are.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks everyone for the help, looks like XL is the way to go.  @Pink Socks
 What's your heigh / how do you find the length of the shirt?

6 foot / 183cm - length perfect for me. Not too short like some other brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads